Inaccurate info about IntelBurnTest v.2.54

trents

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4965-intelburntest.html

This review states: "unfortunately, Intel(R) designed the binaries in a way that makes it not run at all on any AMD CPUs."

This is simply not true. I just tested this assertion on an AMD Ryzen 5 and it works as expected. I have used this stress for many years on AMD CPUs at least as far back as socket AM3 days. It is still a very relevant tool. Apparently, v.2.54 (the latest version) has AVX instructions as when I run it my CPU downclocks to my AVX offset value.

Forwarding this to our downloads manager (@Erik), perhaps out of date information on the description (which is provided by the software developer). Thank you for your feedback.

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

By the way, can posts be edited? I see a typo in my original post I would like to correct. Couldn't find an edit tool.

Having trouble replying to your post, Erik. I get an error message saying it must contain spam or inappropriate content which it doesn't as far as I can see. What am I doing wrong?

It's possible your message is getting flagged if you are including links. To avoid spam/spammers, we limit what new accounts can do/post initially.

I give up. Is there a way to send a personal message to moderators using a forum tool?
You are already talking to this website's administrator/owner, Julio. However, you can PM any member by clicking on his/her name and follow the prompts for a "Conversation."

Nope, that wasn't it.
Test: IBT. Nope, that wasn't it.

Test: Prime95 That wasn't it either.

Test: 7700k That wasn't the trigger either.

Let's try one sentence at a time:
Erik, I'm not sure about some of the other info in that article.
For one, it is not true that IBT produces max temps about 22c higher than Prime95.
I use both those tools and they give very similar temps.
For another, the checking the Xtreme Stress Mode box seems not to make any difference in how the tool behaves.
I just tried that latter one on my 7700k.
I'm not sure if it was different some years ago but at least when run on newer technology with the latest version of IBT what I am saying holds true.

Last edited:
It is true that IBT heats up the cores faster than Prime95 does and this can come in handy when needing to do a quick test of your cooling system.

Over on OC Forums I created a thread about a year and a half ago which is sort of a Primer for those new to stress testing. There I compared the different tools commonly used. I just updated it yesterday. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/...Testing-for-Beginners-Which-tool-should-I-use

Thought you might find it interesting.

I think the problem with posting may have been the length of the post. Is there a word limit per post or something?

Could have been the automated spam filter, too, depending on the post's content.
We use Akismet which is the industry's standard. I have to assume this was an isolated incident for which I apologize.

To clarify though, the IntelBurnTest page you are referring to is not a review or editorial article, it's a download page for the utility. The content/description comes from the publisher.

Back