Incomplete uninstall of Citrix app

By Doug8765 ยท 8 replies
Mar 8, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. Hi -
    I uninstalled a Citrix application. Now that I've uninstalled it, I am now getting a request, at login, from a Citrix dialogue box wanting me to login. I can escape out of it, but I note that Task Manager shows four background processes: Citrix Connection Center (32 bit), Citrix Connection Manager (32 bit), Citrix FTA, URL Redirector (32 bit) and Citrix Receiver Application (32 bit). I can end the tasks, but I'd like to not have that extra step at login.

Any ideas? Is there a more thorough uninstall? I've never figured out Startup processes in Windows 10, but might there be something there?

I'll appreciate help. Thank you.

Doug

2. holdum323

holdum323 Banned Posts: 1,725   +455

3. holdum323

4. Doug8765

Doug8765 TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 239

Hello holdum323 -
    That Revo worked. I used it to find a couple files that had a distinctive Citrix icon and I used Revo to delete them. I rebooted and that Citrix dialogue box did not show up and the Citrix background processes are not there now.

Thank you.

Doug8765

5. Doug8765

6. holdum323

Hi. @Doug8765 Thanks for your reply. I really think you will like the Search Everything. It's a great tool. I'm going to add the link again. I'm glad you got your issue solved. FileHippo is a safe place to get free down loads. Revo is a great software. Have used it for along time.
    Here's link for Everything . https://filehippo.com/download_everything/ I really think you will like this software.:D

7. holdum323

I'm a clean PC freak. When I uninstall a program, I want all of it gone. If you Type Citrix in Everything, it will find any files that Revo missed and you can delete them there. I go one step further and search the registry for items left behind in "Regedit". I do not recommend Regedit, because you have to know what you're doing or you might brick your PC. I have had a few years of experience and I always have a backup image of my OS when I mess up; that I can use to restore my PC back just like it was the day I created the image. Now that you learned these things, pass them forward to other members here on techspot. I'm glad that my suggestions helped you with your issue(y):D

8. Doug8765

Thank you. I too am quite cautious about messing with the registry.

Doug8765

holdum323 likes this.
  9. holdum323