Increasing video memory on Compaq NX6325?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I have looked at the other posts regarding this, my laptop is an HP Compaq nx5326
ATI radeon Xpress 1150
I looked through the catalyst control center (Only ATI thing to come with the notebook) and I cannot find the Video memory usage. I would like to increase it a bit to the proper setting so I can run vista. Help?

You'll need a new video card. Memory is built in to the graphics card and can't be changed.

But Vista will run on almost any video card. I have it installed on several machines with unsupported cards and it runs fine. All you lose is the Aero affect, which I often turn off anyway because it is such a CPU hog.

Vista Aero is a graphical interface that makes Vista look pretty. If you have a strong graphics need, use it. If you don't care turn it off. It really doesn't take that much to run Vista with Aero. A good 64 bit CPU and a decent video card, plus 1GB of memory is all that's needed

Well, Vista works great after some major tweaks.. I'm running an AMD turion 64x2
with 2G RAM For about the first hour of operation I was hogging my CPU... so I removed some of those un needed hoggers, now the OS is running perfectly.

That's good news. I've installed Vista on some pretty old machines and it runs very well. In some cases, it actually seems to work better than on newer machines (minus Aero, which I can live without) and the default driver works for most video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back