Incremental backup software

dawghunter

A long time ago on a planet far away, I once had backup software included with a portable drive that I used t back up my PC. Alas, it is long gone and I can't remember from whence it came. Any suggestions on a good incremental backup software suitable for backing up to a portable drive with? I don't want to do cloud storage. Thanks!

Suggest you understand:
Differential backups: Differential backups are based on the last full backup performed and backup all changes since the last Full backup was performed.

Incremental backups: Incremental backups are based on the last backup performed and backup only the changes since that last backup (Full or Differential).​
Therefore the most efficient and using the least media is the Differential. At restore time, you need only the Primary-Full backup and the last Differential.

Acronis supports both - - for a price.

Suggest you understand:
Differential backups: Differential backups are based on the last full backup performed and backup all changes since the last Full backup was performed.

Incremental backups: Incremental backups are based on the last backup performed and backup only the changes since that last backup (Full or Differential).​
Therefore the most efficient and using the least media is the Differential. At restore time, you need only the Primary-Full backup and the last Differential.

Acronis supports both - - for a price.
OK thanks

Back