Incremental upgrade possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisbin

hey mates,
my mobo is starting to fail (onboard fan threw a bearing and 2 of the sata ports are broken/unreachable), the board is an ECS NF570 slit-a, its got a E6300 on it and 3 gig of Corsair DDR2 dual channel PC5300 (2 matched 1 gig sticks, 2 matched 512 sticks) and an EVGA 9800gtx+. so the issue is that i can't afford to upgrade my ram, mobo and processor all at once so i need to figure out the least that i can upgrade while still using old parts until i can save up more. my upgrade budget is low, maybe US$150 right now, maybe 250 if i wait till the end of summer.

i'm pretty sure i'm going to have to upgrade my processor as well as mobo but, are there any good mobos that could use my current ram but also be upgraded later to DDR3 when i have the money? either way, what are the reliable models currently that i should consider? the 9800gtx+ is a monster card so thats gotta be kept in mind (it covers 2 sata ports on my current rig, i'd like to avoid that when i upgrade). i use the rig for gaming, see my info for full system specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back