Init problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compfool

I just downloaded Ubuntu on my Windows Vista computer, whenever I try to start it up it claims that init is not found and that I should try init=bootarg. I have no idea what that means. Thanks in advance.

Okay that did not help me because all that page tells me is how to edit it using Red Hat/Fedora. I can't even get into the Ubuntu side of my computer. Are there any other suggestions or can anyone tell me if i am just not getting it?

Actually it did. The first time I downloaded it I was not used to the keyboard, this being a new laptop, and I accidentally typed the password in wrong. I have no idea how I typed it the same those two times, although I could not figure it out so I left, went to the Vista side, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it. I am sorry I did not give you this information I forgot about it with all my other frustrations lately.

ok, when you did the second install, did you rewrite (or save) the boot loader -- and which one did yo choose: Grub would be the default, but many still use LILO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back