Inspiron 5160 power up issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

darmatwil

I have a Dell Inspiron 5160. This morning it suddenly can't recognize the power adaptor. It boots from the battery, but acts as if the ac adaptor isn't there. I can get a new ac adaptor, but i was wondnering if there should be something deeper that I need to look into.

Thanks in advance.

I have one on the way. I think that the spot where a cat bit the cable has alot to do with it. Never seen a cat jump so quick as that. BTW love your avitar. I am a Marvin fan as well. Thanks.

I love my cats too. Luckily my two cats have outgrown the tendency to chew cables. My friend in Las Vegas has 4 Yorkies, and a lot of electrical taped computer cables in his office. Good luck!

Ok, this is real weird. My laptop would not recognize the adaptor at all at work today. I brought it home to test it with a similar one from my wifes old laptop. I hook it up, plug it in and it startsright up like nothing is wrong. It's charging and running fine. I am still thinking it is the adapter, but this is just weird.

I got my new adapter monday. I haven't had any issues since. Been very cautious about posting if it is fixed. Apparently the adapter was bad.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back