Installing Sims to external HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pin0ydude

Hi everyone, just have some questions regarding the installation of Sims onto an external HDD:

1. Is it in fact possible to install the Sims 2 onto an external HDD without any problems?
2. Would gameplay performance be reduced (such as lag)? If so, would it be adviseable to use a firewire 400 or 800 connection to my laptop instead of USB 2.0? (eSATA is not an option)
3. Would it be adviseable to purchase a premade external HDD or purchasing an internal HDD and enclosure considering that I prefer a HDD with an aluminum case and active cooling (fan cooling) - my room gets very hot in summer, no air conditioning and I would be playing Sims 2 off it if it works.

The HDD would also be used for backups, therefore I'm looking for a 1TB one. It would only be used when needed, I wouldn't keep it on and connected for long periods of time.
Or would passively cooled ones do fine? I'm afraid they would overheat?

Any recommendations on HDD's or tips?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Thanks, appreciate any help!

i do believe u can but whats the point

the registry would be on that pcs internal and the game files would be on a external

if u ask me it wouldn't do any good

your better off getting a internal and doin it that way so theres no bottle necking and or lag for u

or just install it on your primary

thats my suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back