Installing ****** XP on Bootcamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayb118

Hey guys, im new to the mac OS and applications, i've been a windows/pc fanboy for ages now but i needed to get a macbook pro to take to uni with me so id be able to use software such as final cut etc.

Anyways, i can't be doing with having a computer i can't game on so i want to get XP going on a separate partition with this bootcamp thing, i've got a ****** copy of xp pro but when i went to install it i got stuck at a black dos-like screen and nothing happened. After much messing about i managed to get the disc to eject and got it to boot back in to OSX.

I've heard from some people that you absolutley have to have a legitimate copy of windows to get boot camp to work, is this true?

I also have a legitimate OEM copy of xp home but that is installed on my desktop pc, if i install this on bootcamp i run the risk of microsoft not letting me activate it don't i?

Thanks guys :D

Jayb118 said:
Anyways, i can't be doing with having a computer i can't game on so i want to get XP going on a separate partition with this bootcamp thing, i've got a ****** copy of xp pro but when i went to install it i got stuck at a black dos-like screen and nothing happened. After much messing about i managed to get the disc to eject and got it to boot back in to OSX.

I've heard from some people that you absolutley have to have a legitimate copy of windows to get boot camp to work, is this true?
Thanks guys :D

This being said I think your pointing to the fact that you have an illegal copy or are using another disk what may only have a license for one computer. Unless I've read into it wrong??. The word spelt with asteriks, cofirm what the word is.

Yes it is an illigal copy, i was trying to write p i r a t e but after i posted the thread the forum automatically blanked it out.

Is it not possible to use an illegal copy?

It's illegal and so breaks Techspot posting rules. So no-one will help now we know it's confirmed illegal by you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back