Intel introduces mSATA SSD 525 Series for Ultrabooks

Jos

Intel has announced a new mSATA solid-state drive designed for Ultrabooks and low-power embedded applications. The SSD 525 Series is essentially an mSATA version of the 2.5-inch 520 SSD Series, and as such it’s also the company’s first drive in this...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/51461-intel-introduces-msata-ssd-525-series-for-ultrabooks.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Burty117

I really want to get one of these for my laptop, there is a bay and everything but I have no idea if the BIOS supports booting from the msata slot, I would assume so? As it turns out, no one owns a HP Probook 6560b :(

ghasmanjr

I really want to get one of these for my laptop, there is a bay and everything but I have no idea if the BIOS supports booting from the msata slot, I would assume so? As it turns out, no one owns a HP Probook 6560b :(
It appears that you can according a quick Google search of your laptop. Most sites say that you need to update your BIOS first, but that's to be expected with upgrades like this.

nismo91

I think that is pretty reasonable price to pay. I have to remove the DVD drive from my 4yo laptop and replace it with HDD SATA caddy so I can put a 120GB SSD in the original drive bay.