Intel suspends business in Russia, appeals for return to peace

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Intel has become the latest company to suspend operations in Russia following the country's invasion of Ukraine. The move comes after the firm paused deliveries of its chips to Russia and Belarus as part of the ongoing trade sanctions implemented by the US government.

It was back in February when Intel suspended shipments of industrial processors to Russia and its ally Belarus in compliance with international sanctions introduced following the invasion of Ukraine. Now the company has gone a step further and suspended all operations in Russia.

Intel said in a press release that it had implemented business continuity measures to minimize disruption to its global operations. The chipmaker added that it condemns Russia's war against Ukraine and calls for a swift return to peace.

"Our thoughts are with everyone who has been impacted by this war, particularly the people of Ukraine and the surrounding countries and all those around the world with family, friends and loved ones in the region," Intel wrote. "We are working to support all of our employees through this difficult situation, including our 1,200 employees in Russia."

IBM has also suspended shipments to Russia. Its servers are market leaders in the country, which despite efforts to promote home-grown hardware, still relies on foreign companies for much of its technology. In addition to the economic effects, cutting off ties will likely impact Russia's ability to conduct cyberwarfare against Ukraine and other countries—President Biden recently warned US firms to bolster their cyber defenses in preparation for inevitable Russian attacks.

Intel is the latest tech firm to pause business in Russia. AMD suspended its sales in February, while Microsoft, Sony, Activision Blizzard, Epic Games, Netflix, Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, EA, Amazon, CD Projekt Red, Ubisoft, Apple, Nintendo, and Take-Two are just some of the names that have also taken some form of action.

World of Tanks developer Wargaming yesterday announced that it is pulling out of Russia and Belarus following a strategic review of business operations worldwide. Russian Victor Kislyi founded Wargaming in the Belarus capital of Minsk but moved its headquarters to Cyprus in 2011.

Permalink to story.

Let's cancel Russia and virtue signal with everyone else - until we can't afford to heat our homes or purchase wheat and recession/inflation eats us alive!!!

Boy, if only people listened when we wanted to invest in renewables so we wouldn't be at the mercy of foreign powers. Maybe now someone will actually do something about the wests reliance on bad actors for their economic needs.

Let's cancel Russia and virtue signal with everyone else - until we can't afford to heat our homes or purchase wheat and recession/inflation eats us alive!!!

"virtue signal" if your definition of this term is so lacking that trying to punish a country that is waging an unjust and morally bankrupt war against a (formally) peaceful neighbor falls under "virtue signal" then I truly feel sorry for you.

"virtue signal" if your definition of this term is so lacking that trying to punish a country that is waging an unjust and morally bankrupt war against a (formally) peaceful neighbor falls under "virtue signal" then I truly feel sorry for you.

Ukraine decided to let the west use it in a proxy war against the Russians and Russia struck back. I don't know/care where you get your news from, but that's the reality. All the virtue signaling and calls for war crimes ain't gonna un-flatten Ukraine or un-annex Crimea.

I'd love to explain this to you verbally rather than typing.

Ukraine decided to let the west use it in a proxy war against the Russians and Russia struck back. I don't know/care where you get your news from, but that's the reality. All the virtue signaling and calls for war crimes ain't gonna un-flatten Ukraine or un-annex Crimea.

You need to lay off the Sputnik and RT, mate.

If that was the long, boring, fact free way to say that Putin (GFY) wants to reestablish the USSR then I would agree with you.

I know you love to troll these threads... I replied to you in the last one and you never replied back... I assume because you are just trolling...

Here's my comment so you can rebut :)

Had they decided to actually DEAL with the EU, NATO and Ukraine... instead of simply attempting to bully them... it would never have come to this...

While Ukraine is far from the "bastion of democracy" that the West has attempted to portray, they are still lightyears ahead of Russia when it comes to the freedom of their populace.

Russia says they invaded Ukraine because a modern, westernized Ukraine would be a threat to them...
Of course, the actual threat would be Russians seeing how well their neighbours were living and might ask their leaders "why are we living in squalor while Ukrainians are free?"

The Ukrainian government, which had been about to sign a free trade agreement with the EU, suddenly faced Russian pressure to sign with Russia instead...

The response was to depose the Russian puppets in charge of the country and replace them with democratically elected leaders... While the Ukrainian democracy might not be truly "free"... it is still WAY ahead of Russia's!

If that was the long, boring, fact free way to say that Putin (GFY) wants to reestablish the USSR then I would agree with you.

The USSR is never coming back.
That's nothing more than a pathetic lib talking point being spread on MSNBC/CNN, etc.

If you believe it - believe it.

It won't make any difference.

I know you love to troll these threads... I replied to you in the last one and you never replied back... I assume because you are just trolling...

Here's my comment so you can rebut :)

Had they decided to actually DEAL with the EU, NATO and Ukraine... instead of simply attempting to bully them... it would never have come to this...

While Ukraine is far from the "bastion of democracy" that the West has attempted to portray, they are still lightyears ahead of Russia when it comes to the freedom of their populace.

Russia says they invaded Ukraine because a modern, westernized Ukraine would be a threat to them...
Of course, the actual threat would be Russians seeing how well their neighbours were living and might ask their leaders "why are we living in squalor while Ukrainians are free?"

The Ukrainian government, which had been about to sign a free trade agreement with the EU, suddenly faced Russian pressure to sign with Russia instead...

The response was to depose the Russian puppets in charge of the country and replace them with democratically elected leaders... While the Ukrainian democracy might not be truly "free"... it is still WAY ahead of Russia's!

I won't even bother going point to point in refuting all of this propaganda, but the simple fact is that the Ukrainian army absolutely positioned their forces in Donbas and was preparing to invade Luhansk and Donetsk. The Russian forces used a "pincer movement" on them like Shaka Zulu and closed them off.

The liberal leftist media in the tank for Ukraine NEVER even bothers to mention "why" the Russian forces and Ukraine forces are exactly where they are.

Once again: believe what you want to believe and accept what you're told.

When the dust settles, none of that misinformation will matter.

Your image link was Blank by the way.

Last edited:
Boy, if only people listened when we wanted to invest in renewables so we wouldn't be at the mercy of foreign powers. Maybe now someone will actually do something about the wests reliance on bad actors for their economic needs.

I agree that any absolute reliance on other countries is disaster waiting to happen.

America found out the hard way watching its supply chains break down partly due to COVID and partly due to the majority of our imports coming from Asia (trade imbalance).

America could have been friendlier (instead of racist) to Venzuela and been pumping their oil - but they prefer Saudi oil for Middle East control. Russia was sending America over 600,000 barrels a day up till this war.
Our strategic policies are racist shortsighted and now it's backfiring.

Even better, the Republicans are pointing this out.

The Democrat congress is going to get WIPED OUT in November.

China and Russia have slowly been making moves to decouple from the dollar and US and America's reaction to the invasion will only hasten it.

We should all be thanking Biden for ending Globalism because now, they will never be able to get Russia and China on anything together with the west.

The Unity has been broken. Mistrust is the future.

That's nothing more than a pathetic lib talking point being spread on MSNBC/CNN, etc.

We believe it because he has shown it.
His wars are all for his twisted sense of historical justice from the USSR days.

After russia is defeated, it will finally stop.
The truth about his pitiful troops and decades old equipment are already comic legend.

I won't even bother going point to point in refuting all of this propaganda, but the simple fact is that the Ukrainian army absolutely positioned their forces in Donbas and was preparing to invade Luhansk and Donetsk. The Russian forces used a "pincer movement" on them like Shaka Zulu and closed them off.

The liberal leftist media in the tank for Ukraine NEVER even bothers to mention "why" the Russian forces and Ukraine forces are exactly where they are.

You forgot to mention that your favorite country is China, although I suspect is North Korea, the West is a pile of leftist sh!t and NATO is the true agressor. Putin had a very good pupil in you.

Last edited:

My image link was merely a smiley face... :)

And do you have evidence for those lies?

QuantumPhysics

I guess the Baltic states and Eastern Europe have been "spreading pathetic lib talking points" over 30 years.

While I dislike the way the media operates in US, what you are saying is incredibly ignorant. Come visit Estonia. Let's have a chat over some beers about the history of USSR and what went on here and what is going on here. The only reason why we are in NATO is Russia.

QuantumPhysics

I guess the Baltic states and Eastern Europe have been "spreading pathetic lib talking points" over 30 years.

While I dislike the way the media operates in US, what you are saying is incredibly ignorant. Come visit Estonia. Let's have a chat over some beers about the history of USSR and what went on here and what is going on here. The only reason why we are in NATO is Russia.

NATO was designed to stop SOVIET expansion.
The Soviet Union no longer exists - and never will exist again.
Yes - the talking points being spread, are pathetic lib talking points being spread by leftists.
That is the reason why more movements towards nationalism are happening.
Brexit was just one.
Frexit is another.
You can call this Rrexit.
Chinexit is coming eventually.

I'm extremely excited because as the world tears itself apart, the globalists lose.

Greece is on strike: recession, inflation and cost of living explosions are killing them. Other countries are next.

Apparently, it never crossed their minds that Russia was self-sufficient for energy and wheat and it's evident in their markets growing again along with the ruble strength.

You can't cancel everyone lol.

The left will learn this lesson when they are freezing and starving to death.

Yes - the talking points being spread, are pathetic lib talking points being spread by leftists.
Brexit was just one.
Frexit is another.

I'm extremely excited because as the world tears itself apart, the globalists lose.

Greece is on strike: recession, inflation and cost of living explosions are killing them. Other countries are next.
Wow... are you on Putin's payroll?

By the way... NATO's purpose?
NATO's fundamental goal is to safeguard its Allies' freedom and security by political and military means.

That has ALWAYS been its purpose. Obviously, during the Cold War, the "enemy" was the USSR.... but it clearly still needs to exist - as Russia attempts to bully other nations...

I do love how people like to blame the "leftists" as if there is some sort of global liberal conspiracy...

What happens to the world when "globalists" lose by the way? Do we lose the world!?!?

What I find ironic about all your garbage is that you are the youtuber who owns a 3090 and drives a Mercedes... Do you really think you could do any of this in China or Russia?

Brexit was just one.
Frexit is another.

Apparently, it never crossed their minds that Russia was self-sufficient for energy and wheat and it's evident in their markets growing again along with the ruble strength.

You can't cancel everyone lol.

The left will learn this lesson when they are freezing and starving to death.
In the past 30 years there are no lefties or libs in Europe warning about Russia quite the opposite actually. Most of Europe was happy to deal with Russia and pretend that everything was right. Only Eastern Europeans actually knew that the fall of the Soviet Union did not mean anything and soon the same murderous regime would start over again, because in Russia they still have pride in the horrendous acts they did in the last century.

On the side note, I don't know if you have self awareness to understand that your posts are as nuanced as the posts from the "lefties" you so much despise. They are just colored the other way.

No I don’t.

I’ve only had one wrong prediction in the last 5 years.
193ffd0e42c9ff73fe00ed6b649fdd1b.gif

🤣 Even just your recent predictions on the stock market and crypto proves you are full of it. Of course, so does 90% of your posts!

Just 5-6 weeks ago, you said (paraphrasing) Russia would control Ukraine in no time!

In the past 30 years there are no lefties or libs in Europe warning about Russia quite the opposite actually. Most of Europe was happy to deal with Russia and pretend that everything was right. Only Eastern Europeans actually knew that the fall of the Soviet Union did not mean anything and soon the same murderous regime would start over again, because in Russia they still have pride in the horrendous acts they did in the last century.

On the side note, I don't know if you have self awareness to understand that your posts are as nuanced as the posts from the "lefties" you so much despise. They are just colored the other way.
Maybe you don't understand how QP thinks Hyrax.

You are from Estonia. QuantumPhysics has heard of Estonia, and one time he watched 10 minutes of Tangerines.

Therefore, he knows more than you do.

You're right, but that's a good reason to kill civilians? I just put the whole thing under "unjust" for all accounts. Don't forget the UN killing over 500k children in Iraq due to sanctions as well, then swept it all under the rug.

Back