Intermittent freezes on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Hi folks, very new to the forums here, but looking for a little assistance. I work as a computer technician in a little shop in my hometown here, and trying to help one of my customers with a problem that he describes as consistent freezing/stuttering while playing games. First off, here's a list of specs on the notebook he's running:

Asus G71GX-RX05
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 (2.5 GHz)
6GB DDR3-1066 RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX260M 1GB w/ CUDA
Atheros AR928X Wireless AGN Adapter
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

That should cover the important bits.

The customer described that he usually gets freezing while playing Starcraft II and Torchlight, usually within a few minutes. So far in my hands, I've yet to make it freeze or produce any sort of noticeable "stuttering".

I've ran through a couple of different stress tests to throw the kitchen sink at it, as it were. I've used the Prime95 Stress Tests (Bart's HDD Test, 4x CPU Threads, High Res 3D Video, with MS Security Essentials running a full scan in the background), and running the Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark at it using about 4 or 5 modifications to the nVidia Control Panel video settings, and none of it has been able to produce any sort of serious issue(s) as of yet. Havign also taken a bit of free time to play SCII and Torchlight on his computer as well, I'm still unable to reproduce freezing/stuttering.

Looking through the windows logs however, I did come across one error, having to do with rebooting during a bug check. I tried doing a little bit of research on it, but not having much luck in coming up with a more difinitive answer on the situation.

The information in the logs appears as follows:
"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was 0x00000019 (0x0000000000000003, 0xfffffa800577e980, 0xffeffa800577e980, 0xfffffa800577e980). A dump was saved in C:\Windows\memory.dmp."

Not entirely sure on how to open up that particular file, and not sure if I'm able to post it here, as the dump file is a hair over 500MB in size.

But as it stands, I'm still unable to reproduce the issue yet over a 72 hour period of testing and letting stress tests and 3D apps running overnight. Any insight or help on this wouuld indeed be greatly appreciated.

Back