Internet connection problems

I have my pc connected to my router/modem via ethernet cable. When I turn my pc on, after about an hour or 2 it disconnects from the internet. The only way I can reconnect is to restart. I've cycled power on my router but no luck. Thanks for any help.

Typically, when we see disconnects on a time schedule, we suspect the ISP release/renew cycle is failing.

1) if you're on Win/10 AND connected via WiFi, update your driver!

2) make sure your router has the latest firmware; Go to the vendor website, find the support/download page and download the firmware that matches you model of the router.

Hi I agree with @jobeard . Also routers are electronic devises and just like all electronic devices, routers wear out.
I'm wondering if your ISP could help you with your issue. Is your router provided by your ISP, or do you own it?
If you post your router model and name, @jobeard can help you better. Let us know how things go.

It's a DG3270A by ARRIS. There are no drivers available to download. I got the router/modem from WOW about 2 months ago. I have windows 7. Thanks for the quick responses.

Back