Internet cuts out only when playing League of Legends, Paladins or using ExpressVPN

This problem only appeared around a week ago, and I have made no changes to hardware or wifi location.

What happens is that after a few minutes of running either the above 3 programs (for around 10 seconds to 5 minutes), my internet will disconnect. This instantly kicks me out of the game (or stops the VPN), and prevents all internet access for around 30 seconds. I have seen many articles from people with similar problems, but mine seems to appear across these 3 programs, so I feel like the problem isn't related to the programs themselves.

(Just to clarify, the problem with the two games appears while on AND off the VPN)

This problem never occurs when doing simple google searches or while watching youtube/netflix.

I don't believe my wifi is to blame, as I use university wifi, which seems to work perfectly for my roomates and while I am on the phone. To reiterate, this problem only appears while I'm playing a game or using a vpn.

I have tried using the following cmd prompts:
ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh int ip reset c:\tcp.txt
netsh winsock reset

I've seen no change.
I also tried going into my network settings and trying to update them, or affect power management (which doesn't appear). This also hasn't changed anything

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and my laptop has the following specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00GB (7.89 GB Usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Go to the event viewer and look at what it says, go to cortana/search, type in event viewer.exe then hit enter.
I know you have windows 10 tell me what version of windows 10 is installed.
Press the windows+r keys then hit enter, that should tell what you have.
What is your laptop name and model number, the reason why I ask this so I can look up your wifi adapter name and drivers.

Sorry not sure what part of event viewer you want, so I just took a screenshot
I have windows 10 Pro version 1709 (64 bit)
The model number is Dell XPS 13-9360
Express service code: 144-124-083-02

Attachments

• eve.PNG
    eve.PNG
    304.2 KB · Views: 0
Check the event viewer again for any errors it put out during this week and it relating to a crash each time you attempt to play a game.
In all honesty it sounds like one of the services in windows 10 is malfunctioning.
I can't think of the word for that service and one of the registrys that maybe causing your internet to time out while gaming.
I had a similiar problem to yours and it took a reinstall of 1709 to get it fixed up properly.

Last edited:
Back