Internet Explorer 7 refuses to autosave my passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterproof

I'm wondering what is wrong with my Internet Explorer 7 (currently on XP SP1) when I want to save password it did not work, in the autocomplete box it has the 'usernames and password on forms' and 'prompt me to save password' greyed out so I couldn't click anything apart from the first 2 boxes, the last 2 boxes refuse to let me tick!

Any help?

But what do you reckon is causing this? I don't have any 3rd party firewall and my internet speed currently can't update windows sp2/3 until later. (oh and yes I use FF but i use I.E for specific reasons while browsing some sites)

You can order the free Service Pack CDs from MS. I did, it was a lot easier having the manufacture CD to update the Service Packs

I believe SP1 is not worth trying to fix, as many software tools cannot even work on it. ie incompatible
Therefore instead of others posting try this or try that, and then re-confirming that SP1 will actually work, you are best to update to minimum SP2

SP2 fixed many issues, I suspect updating the Service Pack will fix your issue as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back