Internet Explorer extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisao101

I have been working on this machine that has Win XP Pro with IE 7. Recently, IE started going extremely slow. Even typing in the address bar is slow. For instance, if you type into the address bar "yahoo.com", the y comes up, 5 seconds later the a, then the h, and so on. It just takes forever.

the computer is on a screaming fast Fios connection and was working fine until a few days ago. My other computer still gets great speeds for browsing as well as DL's on the same network.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6G CPU
1GB RAM

I have run msconfig and disabled all in the startup, so nothing is starting up that shouldn't.

Firefox still works great. Malwarebytes updates really fast (also doesn't show any infections), everything else is working great. It's just IE.

I have reset IE, deleted all temp and offline files, cleared history, cookies....all that stuff. I even completely removed IE with the add and remove windows components, then re-installed it, updated to IE8, run without add ons....man, I just cant think of what else to try, but it is way too slow.

Anyone out there have any help for me?

Do other browsers besides firefox operate fine, like Chrome and Opera? Its only IE that has the lagging type?

I haven't tried any others besides Firefox yet, but I will. From what I can see right now, it's just IE, and it's not just the type....it wont even load a page. I'm truly baffled by this. I have tried everything I can think of.
This one is whipping me...:blackeye:

Hm, well switching is the obvious solution - but why the slow is isolated to IE is the dilemma thats got me baffled.

Did a repair install and it's good now, but It was only restricted to IE. No other browsers were slow at all. Baffled is a good description of me too.

It wasn't like IE was slow, it was REALLY slow. And I tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari and each was working perfectly. I didn't try Opera, though.

Interesting problem, usually disabling add-ons will clear this up. You are sure there are no other background programs running concurrently?
Cheers,
Kyler
IE Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back