'Introducing macOS Redmond;' a Microsoft-designed operating system for Macs

Cal Jeffrey

Staff member
For the LOLz: For those who enjoy ranting about headlines being clickbait because it took a whole two seconds out of their day and another 15 minutes to complain about it, go back to browsing. For those who don't mind a good chuckle at a tech giant's expense—read on.

What if Microsoft designed macOS? A YouTuber who goes by Avdan asked that question and created a satirical look, showcasing some of the features he thinks it would have (video above).

"Introducing macOS Redmond. Inconsistent design."

You'll find all your favorite software preinstalled, like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Notepad, and Calculator. You also get two browsers—Microsoft Edge and the soon-to-be-retired Internet Explorer. There's a new Settings app designed after Windows 10 Settings but don't worry, macOS System Preferences app is still there, and it has been redesigned to look just like Windows 7 settings.

Update nags are still there, so you never have to worry about remembering to update to the version that Microsoft wants you to use. Oh, and don't forget about the Blue Screen of Death. It's still frequently there and has been redesigned with a whole new macOS look, including the famous Finder icon, which has had its smile inverted.

It's all a tongue-firmly-embedded-in-cheek concept to remind us not to take things too seriously.

Permalink to story.

This is timely, I jsut spent all of the weekend banging my head trying to get a macbook pro to take an updates OSX installation to no avail. Man when Macs break.....
What if Apple designed Windows?

Answer: it would only be able to run on one among trillions of hardware configurations.
Answer: it would cost $700 for a home license and would only run on dell all in one PCs.

Well... that was both disappointing and dumb. Honestly most of it looked pretty good, and then they just started bashing things that served no real point. Likewise, the "what if Apple designed Windows 10" video that was recommended simply showed MacOS with Windows logo and a start menu/bar. Also, it included a very messy replacement for the start menu tiles... so, uh... not really better

Naw, you're proving his. Move on. Leave the lols to the rest of us who aren't taking this seriously lol
Lols are fine. Often welcome. The author went out of his way to talk down to people who dislike clickbait headlines from the outset. Clearly he's welcome to, but hardly professional. I wasn't taking issue with the article. I was taking issue with the author.

Lols are fine. Often welcome. The author went out of his way to talk down to people who dislike clickbait headlines from the outset. Clearly he's welcome to, but hardly professional. I wasn't taking issue with the article. I was taking issue with the author.
I only see it as an insult for those who can't take an occationally clickbaity article title as the joke it's portrayed as.
You don't have to take it personally, unless you indeed are one of them (destined to complain regardless of warning)? :p

And also, I personally prefer they not take eeeeverything so seriously all the time. Would make TechSpot boring...

I only see it as an insult for those who can't take an occationally clickbaity article title as the joke it's portrayed as.
You don't have to take it personally, unless you indeed are one of them (destined to complain regardless of warning)? :p

And also, I personally prefer they not take eeeeverything so seriously all the time. Would make TechSpot boring...
I agree, not every article has to be about the next tech lawsuit, etc. It's why I like the site in general. Has a good mix of content. If he hadn't posted the opening he did I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. I'd have skimmed the article and moved on. I just think he should think twice about insulting (some of) his viewership whilst being guilty of the thing he's insulting them for. It doesn't come across well, irrespective of anything to do with the actual article.

More of a problema than the first paragraph is that the whole thing is quite a bit of the style of Reaction videos to ,in this case, another's video

Why so much salt coming here? It's actually quite entertaining look.

The *horror* of default Windows10 icons on the Launchpad. I don't know if I could use that system at all.

Upgrade to MacOS Redmond Pro BSOD error now that was a good giggle. :D

What if Mac design a OS that can work on almost any hardware available?
I bet they would have more issue with compatibility.

Back