iPhone syncing to Dell laptop

CincyCarl

Someone please help! I’m a tech novice and need assistance.

So I have a work computer and a personal phone. I have a dell work computer and an iPhone. I’ve used my laptop to charge my iPhone and when doing so, I’ve allowed access when the prompt asks “Trust this computer?” (I clicked yes)

My ask is did this synching share my web browsing history from my iPhone? I don’t see it on my laptop’s internet history.

I don’t see any of my phones images or contacts in my laptop but my anxiety riddled self would like answers. I was logged into a google account on my laptop but not on my iPhone.

My phone was on my home wifi and my laptop was on my home wifi while running a VPN.

When I go to my phones settings and click devices, I see that my work laptop is one of the devices. My safari is not backed up by iCloud.

Any answers is appreciated. I turn in my work laptop the first week of next month. I don’t want my office to see my web history. Is there any way I can double check or am I okay? I worry because I would check websites (like Amazon) to look at items and then those items would show up on my Facebook feed. I’ve never done any bad searches on my work laptop.

1. We don't SHARE browser history -- just app data, like email, contacts, calendars
  2. My phone was on my home wifi and my laptop was on my home wifi while running a VPN.
    That's correct -- share with devices WHEREVER they are, however they are connected

If you wish to disconnect the phone from the laptop, the use the iCloud to manage the devices.

Amazon is a platform, not a website search engine per se so that's not how your FB get loaded

Last edited by a moderator:
What about text messages? I was never signed into iCloud on my work laptop, and I don’t want to log into it. But the attached is what I see under my devices F3D415EA-0684-4E8A-A04A-412F2A4A3620.jpeg

This means the NEWPC shares the Apple-ID. YOU control what goes to the iCloud under the System Preferences -> iCloud: The checkmarks identify the apps being in the iCloud (notice here Mail, Remiders, Safari, Notes are not Sync'd with the cloud)
1610642322651.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you.
Would someone need my iCloud account info on the laptop to access my files?

also, if I uncheck items on my phone, does that delete my info from this laptop? I had all but safari clicked to yes until a second ago.

I have never logged onto my iCloud so I don’t get how it synced. All I did was press trust this computer. Also, the laptop doesn’t have iTunes downloaded.35C99F8B-1842-45AE-A24B-9E91B7AD5A4E.jpeg

Allow the Keychain and keep the others OFF (aka NOT green)

The would NOT have 'access to your laptop data!, but need the Applie-ID to do anything meanigful

Thank you for help!!
I just want to make sure what I do on my phone isn’t visible on this computer. Texts, web browsing, and notes specifically.

I went to my devices and deleted new pc.
YES, that's effective.

Cindy; this is a tough-love statement and food for thought to all:

1. NEVER use company equipment for personal use and conversely,
  2. NEVER use personal equipment at WORK!
  3. You're begging for issues down the road

I agree. Just used my laptop to charge my phone a couple times and I regret that. I also shouldn’t have clicked the trust this computer. Didn’t even think about it. So thank you for your help.

Back