IPod Home Button Problems

TheDreams

On my Apple IPod, my home button is like stuck down, it will not work no matter what type of pressure I apply. Am I screwed? or can it be fixed(take to apple store maybe)?

The people at Apple dont really care about people unless they purchase Apple care (or it will be expensive). I read a very interesting article that I cannot find, but I thought you would like it. It may just be a better option to replace it.

Well that's is a reasonable suggestion, but as a junior in high school and looking to buy a car it is now the most financially smart idea.

Well it seems this forum is now irrelevant as when I had my headphones in, I set my iPod on the counter then I stepped away from the counter(forgetting) and the iPod hit the ground(disconnecting from the headphones) with a crack, I then turned it over to find that the screen is spiderwebbed like no other. So I figured I had two problems with it, why not call the apple store. Apparently they do not replace screens but they will give me a new iPod touch 32 GB for $99( my old iPod was 1 and a half years old and didnt have a warranty.

For reference, you can enable an on-screen button:

Settings > General > Accessibility > AssistiveTouch

Wow that works wonderfully thanks everyone, gonna keep using it until the glass pieces chip away(little ones are coming out some now)

Back