Irql not less or equal & pool corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Can someone please.. help me.. Need help.. Thanks :)

I'm getting random bsod & also at time pc freezing where keyboard/mouse turn off, image stays on screen, hdd lights go out, power light remains on. This happens at any time, during startup, watching video, playing games.
So far have tried:
Replace memory (also change slots)
Re-connect everything + clean out dust ( I try to do that every couple months or so)
Updated drivers
Re-install XP from scratch

I've checked in Event Viewer. I can only find instances of when it has occured with:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a (0xb5de7df3, 0x0000001c, 0x00000000, 0x80545a96). A full dump was not saved.

I attach 2 dumps or the errors

0xA errors (Irql not less or equal) are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level that they have no business doing.

Pool_Corruption are 0xC5 errors and these are caused by faulty drivers.

The information you supplied only cites Windows OS drivers and these are too general to be of much help. So...

1. Scan for infections.

2. Give us yoiur system specs: motherboard make and model, RAM type and how much you have installed, power supply make, model and wattage, video card, etc. Also include the security software you are running.

0xA errors (Irql not less or equal) are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level that they have no business doing.

Pool_Corruption are 0xC5 errors and these are caused by faulty drivers.

The information you supplied only cites Windows OS drivers and these are too general to be of much help. So...

1. Scan for infections.

2. Give us yoiur system specs: motherboard make and model, RAM type and how much you have installed, power supply make, model and wattage, video card, etc. Also include the security software you are running.

Oh ya ok

Antec 850w
Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
Kingmax DDR2 1066 4gb (2x2gb)
Galaxy GTX 285
500gb + 1tb hhds sata
Bluray/hd dvd burner sata
dvd burner sata

Security software would be
Comodo firewall
AVG 8
Spybot search destroy

Did you scan for infections? (by the way, nice system)

Run Chkdsk in your Run box. Tell us if after completing Stage 2 if it says it is recovering Lost Files.

Go into your BIOS and see if the motherboard has set the voltage of your RAM according to your memory manufacturer's specs.

Have you ever used a multimeter to test your power supply? You can a very decent digital Craftsman for $20. It is not hard to use and it would allow you to see if your PSU is functioning properly.

What are your system temps like? Are all fans working? This will include your video card fan.

Did you scan for infections? (by the way, nice system)

Run Chkdsk in your Run box. Tell us if after completing Stage 2 if it says it is recovering Lost Files.

Go into your BIOS and see if the motherboard has set the voltage of your RAM according to your memory manufacturer's specs.

Have you ever used a multimeter to test your power supply? You can a very decent digital Craftsman for $20. It is not hard to use and it would allow you to see if your PSU is functioning properly.

What are your system temps like? Are all fans working? This will include your video card fan.

Ya, ran chkdsk too. Didn't get any error stuffs

System temps are cpu runs at about 30c idle.. doesnt go up any higher under use, gpu runs at about 65-70c when using it

I have fans still going well for good air flow.

I went through the bios again & I found something odd about the usb mouse. I noticed that it was set to disabled, for some reason.. I changed this to enable.. used it all last night without any problems.. lets see if this keeps up well.. if so, might have been the cause.. strange

Actually we have seen a lot of problems here with USB extensions and flash drives and once they are resolved issues clear up. Good work on your part. Keep us updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back