IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0X000000a) BSOD

Skittlesnbitz

Hello Everyone!,

Unfortunately I now am running into a BSOD 0x000000a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. I have included and zipped up my 2 most recent Minidump files. I ran MemTest86+ for over 15 Hours and 9 passes and it reported no errors. I will be running a chkdsk /r /f along with a Hitachi DiskFitness test after I post this and will report back. I am unsure as to what the problem of this one is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update: Chkdsk corrected a bunch of orphaned files and implanted or removed indexes from Security but otehr than that no bad sectors. Hitachi DiskFitness passed.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 5
Yes,
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Ntoskrnl.exe

Get the hard drive test done, and are you over-clocking? What are your computer's complete specs, including power supply and video card?

Full Specs

Full Specs-
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-850TX 850W
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T (OC to 20x Multiplier 4.0GHz)
Asus Crosshair IV Formula 890FX
10 GB (3x 2 GB 1x 4GB) Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600
2x Asus DirectCU 6870 (CrossFire)
1x Crucial C300 SSD 128GB (Boot Drive)
1x Crucial M4 SSD 128 GB
1x Hitachi Deskstar SATA II 750GB
1x Rosewill RNX-N180PCe PCI Express Revision 1.1 Wireless Adapter
2x LG 22X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH22LS50

The C300 passed the chkdsk and did not report any bad sectors, although as stated earlier it did indeed replace/remove/fix some files.

Are you running SATA3 and is the SSD configured in AHCI or RAID?

If you still get BSOD's back off the over-clocking until you get the PC stable

SATA III for both SSDs running in AHCI (they are not RAIDed together, the C300 is partitioned into two segments, one for Boot and one for Non-Steam Games, and the M4 is fully dedicated to Steam Games)

And the funny thing about the OC is that it has been stable for almost 2 years! all of these issues just started about 2 weeks ago.

"And the funny thing about the OC is that it has been stable for almost 2 years!"

You've had this exact hardware up and running fine for 2 years, or have you added hardware to this PC recently?

My system is less than a year and a half old, and no SSD's were common at that time

The only recently added hardware would be the 6870s and that was at about...November of last year I believe. The C300 I got when I first bought the system so yep that's original hardware :). So the parts that werent part of my original build are the M4 and the two 6870s.

No not really, I use the quick swap method... I think my 2 year old Corsair 650 Watt is on its way out too. It looks like your Corsair PS has a 5 year warranty...

Well thank you for the help, Tmagic :) I guess I can either do a fresh install of windows and see if that fixes or get a new PSU, neither of which unfortunately is cheap, but thems the bricks I guess :/

I know you've put a lot of money into this PC. I have invested a lot in mine too. I have only experienced BSOD's from over-clocking and one failed mechanical hard drive over the last year and a half... I also replaced a couple of case fans. With your problems, a power supply or the SSD are the last logical trouble spots

Well I REALLY hope it isnt the SSD, that would be a signifcant more cost. Someone else is currently also trying to help me and suggesting drivers to update/delete and such. Not much progress yet, was going fine for a few hours, then 2 hours and 2 crashes.

Good luck and let us know what you did to restore the PC to good working order, and remember that Corsair PS should still be under warranty

Back