What do you think ?
I'm thinking that the video card is pooched, the problem is intermittent.
Card is Asus r9 280x , power supply is a corsair HX 750
I hopping that I'm on the right track by saying the card is bad.
Does it happen with multiple games/applications or just the one game?
Have you done any overclocking to the card (past or present) to include making minor adjustments in AMD Catalyst software?
Have you overclocked anything else in your computer (CPU or RAM)?
Are you using the latest video drivers straight from the AMD website?
Thanks for replying
Yes the same problem happens with multiple games , and not applications
have made no adjustments to AMD Catalyst software, and running version 15,3 beta
the cpu and ram are both overclocked .
have uploaded some more screen shots .
Easiest thing to start with is the software.
1. Download the latest AMD Catalyst version (Non Beta software).
2. Do a complete Un-install of ALL AMD drivers/software. I stress the fact of completely removing all drivers/software so that the next steps are not affected by lingering drivers.
3. Reboot computer and install the download from step 1.
4. Attempt to re-create the same problem you are currently having by playing games.
5. Make sure that you are monitoring your GPU temps for abnormalities.
If the above steps do not work (you have continued issues or new issues), please say so. We can move on to the next step after we have determined the software is not the problem.
Did all the steps and the problem is still there saw the problem in two different games. GPU temps seem fine. providing two gpu.z screen shots this are taken as the problem occurs.
I've also reset my OC to stock problem still occurs. no OC on gpu either
It should be easy easy to take out and inspect the card. After hours wasted fiddling around with drivers and settings I identified my similar problem as being down to several bulging capacitors on the card itself.