Is that easy to hack wifi hotspot password?

dmsjckrs

Hi experts,

my brother in law have a wifi hotspot in his house. he complain that the internet speed getting slower. then he checked that in front of his house, there are teenagers (11-16 years old) staying for using internet hotspot for playing online game in their smartphone. then I asked him that has he ever share the hotspot password to anyone and he said no never shared to anyone. then im wondering how they can know the hotspot password, since I know my brother in law neighborhood is not highly educated. or maybe they found how to crack password using android apps from their relatives. I just know how to crack wifi password using kali linux back in 2006 and im not successfully to crack the password :p

so, is that easy to hack wifi hotspot password? and if yes. how to protect the wifi hotspot? or just limit or block unwanted mac address?

thank you

If he uses older encryption (Like WEP) then yes, it easy to hack. Have him bump up to WPA2 with AES encryption and make the passphrase more difficult by introducing capital letters (not at the front of the password) and numbers (not and the end of the password) and symbols and use more characters ..like 15 and he should be good.

If he uses older encryption (Like WEP) then yes, it easy to hack. Have him bump up to WPA2 with AES encryption and make the passphrase more difficult by introducing capital letters (not at the front of the password) and numbers (not and the end of the password) and symbols and use more characters ..like 15 and he should be good.
Okay I will tell my brother. Thank you!

Back