Issues after 7 clean install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this but i recently installed 7 on my computer after i had a hard drive fry up on me. My only real issue at this moment is getting the touch mouse pad to work. I have looked at driver websites to see if i could find a driver for that component and didnt find anything that was specific enough to be sure to install.

So im looking for that driver,,and maybe the driver to get my touch button works to work on the top of my keyboard. this isnt as big of a deal as the mouse pad but it would be cool to be able to use it.

Laptop = HP Pavilion dv5 Entertainment PC

when i was on the HP website, the website couldnt even identify anything for my laptop because it had "too many matches" but then i put in my serial number which is what it asks for when the search isnt specific enough..

anyways thanks for the help in advance.

I am using Dv5-1125em and everything works fine; only driver i needed to download and install was for nVidia as the default windows driver is ok but not good enough. Everthing else including touch pad worked just perfectly ....... now you can help by looking at the backside of your notebook and on the white hp sticker there is its EXACT model number ..... you can try searching with it; I've been checking HP site for various other systems (which i upgraded for my friends;)) ...... and I've noticed that they have made almost all the win 7 x86 and x64 drivers available.

Windows 7 normally will search and install the driver directly from Microsoft Site. Have you tried to go to Device Manager and see if it is detected by windows? If yes have you tried to install or upgrade the drivers?

If it don't work try Archean method as this method is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back