Hi,

this is the configuration of my computer

amd x2 5200+
asus m2n se plus
2gb ram ddr2 800Mhz
160gb sata2 hard drive
xfx geforce 8600GT 512mbddr2
win xp

the problem is that I don't find the graphics to be as good as they should be using this graphics card..all the games that I play run pretty slow and I usually play on the least resolution and settings..even then after every 20 to 30 seconds the games slows down drastically and then suddenly speeds up to a much higher frame rate than normal and then gets back to watever speed it was running on...the lag keeps happening all the time!!

I reinstalled the os and even that doesn't seem to work!!

I have attatched screenshots of cpuz readings of my computers memory and also gpuz readings as well!!please help find a solution!!

help!!

Attachments

• memory1.JPG
    memory1.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 9
  • memory3.JPG
    memory3.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • gpuz.JPG
    gpuz.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 9
try updating drivers.. i had issues playing "just cause" worked like a charm after installing updated drivers. a bit off topic.. what's your vista gaming gfx score ? :) mine is only 4.5

i have the latest drivers..installed them yesterday but it doesn't solve the problem!!the graphics card was supposed to have a core memory frquency of 800mhz!!some of the sites even mention that!!but i don't know why my card runs at 400mhz!!the other thing is that though my motherboard supports dual channel memory it still runs on single channel!!

Maybe one of your heatsinks has come loose or is making really poor contact resulting in overheating and then the component throttles itself to keep from burning out, try measuring the temps with Everest or something that can tell you your CPU and GPU temps. It sounds like a heat issue more than anything.

i cleaned the computer and checked if the heat sink on the graphics card is well attached!!looked fine to me!!i just downloaded everest but i have no idea how to check the temparature of the GPU!! could u please help me with that!!and how can i fix the heat issue??

Your graphics card memory is reporting 400MHz because it is using DDR2 (double data rate) memory. At double data rate it is running effectively at 800MHz.

hi,

i got my graphics card replaced!!its an 8600gt 512 DDR3!!the same problem persists!!

but one thing i've noticed is under load the GPU temparature goes upto 70C...some forums say its normal and shouldn't be a problem!!

help please??

Well that can rule out the graphics card being the problem at this point, possibly a bad chip of RAM or the CPU is making bad contact with its heatsink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back