Issues with new graphics card

Help!! I just installed a new amd radeon 2600xt and installed all correct drivers. I attempted to launch my World of warcraft and its saying failed to create a graphics content. I checked Msinfo32 and while the new card is listed under problem devices error message is device is working properly? (see below)

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9588&SUBSYS_20031787&REV_00\4&101B7E8&0&0018 This device is working properly.

When I ran my Dxdiag there was nothing listed under display information. I reinstalled card to make sure it was seated properly and im still getting this error.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Where did you get the ATI drivers from?

Hi,

I went directly to amd.com and tried searching through there. it gave me an option to download a tool to directly detect which card. when I did this it pulled up my correct card but then said it was up to date?

Since yesterday I attempted to locate a clean download and everytime I find one it says its up to date as well??

So it is only malfunctioning when you attempt to launch World of Warcraft?

If updating the driver doesn't work, I'd suggest buying the exact same card and see if it does the same thing. That way if it does the same thing, it is your system and if not, it is the card.

Please let us know how it turns out and what fixed it!

Back