It All Started With ERROR CODE 800F020B

Hikermann

Windows 7:

Checked in at Windows Update and found two that needed to be done; ran the usual "update" click and then was presented with Error Code 800F020B -- which, from a www search appears to be a regular little the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving-all-year-long that Microsoft bestows on people. . .

So: One of the online solutions was to go to MS (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49924) and download Debug Diagnostic Tool v2 Update 2, which I did.

However: When attempting to run the downloaded .exe file, the attached warning popped up.

Why: Please, do tell, should a supposedly "official" download from an official MS website show up with a BEWARE of this download message? (I'm not even interested in attempting to navigate through MS's swamp of imaginary online "support" and "help" offerings because I have other things to do for the next day-and-a-half!)

Any info about whether it's safe to just pass by the BEWARE popup?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• MS.jpg
    MS.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 0
That's a message generic from your browser -- You've taken appropriate caution in knowing where it came from and asking -- go ahead and use it.

Ah, if only life offered many more Very Clear Warning Signs, huh?! Thanks for your response. Appreciated.

Hope it's a good 2019 fer'ya. . . .

Back