It's this temperature normal for processor and games performance?

So I have intel core i5 2320 3Ghz processor and when I dont do anything with computer just surfing on net I got about 40C-45C temperature. I cheack temperature with Speccy program. However when I playing game like gta 4 I got form 70-75 temperature and one time I got 80 but its was just for one time. So and I have fews questions, its normal, its safe ? And when I playing game like crysis gta 4 I got fps drop in some places, but I hear that is normal when fps drop in some places on gta and crysis, fps drop is not so big. On other game no fps drop like postal and mafia II. But maybe it can have influence for performance I dont know so that why I ask you.

Slowing down depends on what's happening on-screen, e.g. the FPS during an explosion or a lot of smoke/dust would be lower than normal. But at high temps, thermal throttle would kick in, slowing things down.
Anyhow, to the thread's main question:
The "normal" temps depends on ambient temps, really. 30C, while hot for Antarctica, is a miracle for Sahara. Knowing your ambient temps and system configuration/placement would help.
But if you are uncomfortable with those temps (should be, IMHO), refer to the Cooling Guides in my signature for help.

Regards,
Marnomancer.

Then it's high, though not really lethal for that processor. Nothing serious. Please do read through the guide to help the temps where possible.

If you're using the Intel stock cooler then the temps are not really that unusual. Throttling only kicks in around 90-100C so your fps drop is most probably down to your GPU not being powerful enough.

My gpu is asus eah 6850 and my card get above 70 c maybe is about that, but I read that my gpu above 70C is normal.

GPU temps above 70C are very normal, they generally run quite a bit hotter than CPUs. The GTX 480's went up to 100C under load.

Maybe, but my cpu temperature is bigger than gpu. But maybe is normal I dont know. So maybe fps drop is because I have a pirate games I hear that they have bugs and something like that. I can buy that game but first I wanna try it.
And yes I am using Intel stock cooler. The thermal paste was on intel fan already put.

I want to ask one more quastion. If I use good quality thermal paste it my processor temperature would be lower ? because now its paste with intel fan and I think is poor quality.

Thermal paste will lower temps by only a few degrees. What will really bring down the temperatures is an aftermarket fan, even a cheap one will be a huge improvement over the standard Intel one.

That doesn't look like a great cooling setup, it looks like the stock Intel cooler. Also it's only listed for 775/AM2/AM3 support so probably won't even be compatible with your CPU.

What case do you have? Is it a normal size tower or one of those slimline ones?

Still wouldn't get it though, there's far better and more proven coolers out there.

This model (TX3 by CM) might be at the higher end of your budget but its going to be the best bang for the buck on the site you linked to. Most of the other coolers cheaper than the one I linked to are going to offer minimal improvements over the Intel solution. Generally CPU cooling is something you do not want to cheap out on. Also worth looking at is the Ice Edge by Deepcool, about the same price and 4 heat pipes instead of 3 which should bring better temperatures. Do you have any other places you can shop or is that retailer your only option?

on this link were I send you is no a dolar price. and its best way were I can buy it because I get it much quiker than from ebay. I get in 3 days that is why I am in this site.

Back