I've lost my USB drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardw9

Edit
Sorry about the brief description i original made. What i meant to say was if i go onto my computer all i get is my profile account documents, my local disk and my disk drive. This is wrong because i used to have all my USB drives there aswell. If i plug any Pen drive in it shows a Message saying it has malfunctioned.

It started when i was working of one of my pendrive and i clicked to save. It showed a message that i cant remember unfortunately an then i balloon came up in the bottom right of the screen saying the drive had malfunctioned (the same as i get whenever i now plug any pen drive in). Ive had no new hardware added recently and I'm baffled to why this has happened.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you added any other hardware recently that would have taken over the drive letter it used to have assigned to it? Or mapped network drives?

If so, try right clicking the My Computer icon on your desktop, go to Manage and select Storage > Disk Management to see if it spots the USB drive and can assign a new drive letter for you.

Thank you its all working again now :)

No idea what happened though, but i did what you said and all the drives came back again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back