Jarod Nandin, famed South Park WoW cosplayer, dies after contracting Covid-19

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Jarod Nandin, the cosplayer who rose to fame for his fantastic portrayal of South Park's World of Warcraft character, has died after contracting Covid-19. Nandin was admitted to hospital in mid-December suffering from chest pains and tested positive for the virus a few days later.

It was back in 2013 when Nandin shot to fame after he appeared in a cosplay contest at BlizzCon dressed as "that which has no life," a reference to the 'Make love, not Warcraft' episode of South Park featuring a WoW addict called Jenkins as the antagonist.

Nandin shaved part of his head to play Jenkins, whose name is a tribute to WoW legend Leeroy Jenkins. The attention to detail in his cosplay was fantastic; not only was the look and clothes accurate, Nandin also pushed around a desk complete with empty cans of Rockstar, discs, a knife, and a red PC case.

Nandin had kept fans updated on his condition through social media. "I tested positive for covid. I'm really sorry to worry you guys. I'm in the hospital getting treatment. Things look good. Im just looking at Covid with a s**t eating grin on my face and saying: "How do you Kill that which...has no Life?"" he wrote on Instagram.

A post shared by Jarod NWBZPWNR (@nwbzpwnr)

His final tweet on December 28 read: "Breathing issues still a problem. Oxygen saturation levels keep dropping below 90. They are trying to figure things out. Waiting to know more."

BlizzCon host Michele Morrow wrote that Jarod was an advocate for cosplayers, body acceptance, and positivity.

Twitter users have been paying tribute by posting photos of themselves holding up USB sticks, a reference to The Sword of a Thousand Truths—a legendary sword from the South Park episode used to defeat Jenkins.

Nandin's portrayal of Jenkins brought a massive smile to people's faces around the world—something that's reflected in the global coverage of his death—and there has been a genuine outpouring of grief from the gaming and cosplay communities. Raise a Sword of a Thousand Truths in his memory.

Permalink to story.

Yes... due to his obesity, his oxygen saturation was low. Due to his obesity, he was in the hospital because of chest pain. Due to his obesity, he died because of complications from this obesity that you speak of.
Okay. When was the last time a reported death has involved anything other than C-19? Like all the other issues that can cause death has taken a sabbatical. In this case heart disease and diabetes ARE complications with obesity.

Are you a doctor? I am sure his obesity factored into his complication with covid but unless you are the MD who put down the exact cause of death which here is covid then you need to stfu.
Are you a doctor? We're you in the room? Every death is a Covid death these days, which is patently buulshiat to further the narrative. My opinion is my opinion. So no you stfu. Stupid leftists think they can run everything including speech and opinions.

Last edited:
Besides, I was being sarcastic which people use to be able to pick up on. Apparently we lost humor in modern era.

Besides, I was being sarcastic which people use to be able to pick up on. Apparently we lost humor in modern era.
I dont know if I'm more saddened by his passing or the fact that you're probably proud of what you've immortalized in the comment section of this article.

Maybe consider keeping sarcasm and speculation out of discussions in memoriam as a new year's resolution. You might get invited to more parties.

Don't lie - Your posts are contextually consistent - nothing sarcastic about them - if you want to be that guy- then own it - all spit and fury and then yea nah only being sarcastic .

Your comments are naïve at best - sure obesity increases the chance - but he would still be alive today with out having contracting covid 19, Might as well say all the old people died of old age who contracted covid 19. Amazes me how binary folks are - they are unable to handle nuances. Ripe for simple propaganda and brain washing - with just - yes JUST simple emotional laden one liners . Statements like Venus for Venusians only - I mean this is what gullible , unaware folks fell for 100 years ago and probably 3000 years ago- anyone espousing dribble like that - should be ask for a please explain at best and ignored and ridicule at worst

If god gave us unlimtide life and god mode. no one could ever die. but 1000 years later you go into a portal. then next gen taking over. its so easy in worldcraft stargate. toyota corona are not fun.

Don't lie - Your posts are contextually consistent - nothing sarcastic about them - if you want to be that guy- then own it - all spit and fury and then yea nah only being sarcastic .

Your comments are naïve at best - sure obesity increases the chance - but he would still be alive today with out having contracting covid 19, Might as well say all the old people died of old age who contracted covid 19. Amazes me how binary folks are - they are unable to handle nuances. Ripe for simple propaganda and brain washing - with just - yes JUST simple emotional laden one liners . Statements like Venus for Venusians only - I mean this is what gullible , unaware folks fell for 100 years ago and probably 3000 years ago- anyone espousing dribble like that - should be ask for a please explain at best and ignored and ridicule at worst
First. Yes, I was being sarcastic. And secondly, yes, there is an element of truth to my statement. I own it both. Walk and chew gum as they say. The subject at hand could have contracted the flu and it end in the same result. But every person since this thing has started who is publicly known in some way or another and met an untimely death, all died of Covid-19. Not buying it anymore in every, single, case. No, I'm not a doctor, but I'm a sponge for knowledge, researching, and what I suggested is very plausible. He clearly was an individual in an already unhealthy state. Obesity morbidly stresses the body.

There's all kinds of opinions posted on this site that I don't agree with, but don't take up to arguing with the posters. I state my opinions, post a remark and go on. That would follow my pattern as well. Some minds believe what they want and aren't going to change.

Last edited:
I dont know if I'm more saddened by his passing or the fact that you're probably proud of what you've immortalized in the comment section of this article.

Maybe consider keeping sarcasm and speculation out of discussions in memoriam as a new year's resolution. You might get invited to more parties.
I'm past caring about parties.

I will be that guy. Covid was not the cause.

The straw that broke the camel's back, was not the cause.

I do not accept your basic implied assumptions -

However even accepting your erroneous implied assumptions - are you sure your deduction is correct - look at his photo - still young in fact 40 years older ( excellent aging in cosplay ) . High BMI - now BMI is a general population tool - but up to even 35 BMI you don't get too many less years - probably more quality of life issues . He is definitely way over 35 BMI - even so he would be very unlucky to die at 40 .
The likely hood of dying from Covid 19 goes up by a factor of 10 for every decade of life . So he has a 100 times more chance of dying than say a 20 year old .
Plus his death is quite in line with covid 19 - responding well - then probably a massive cytokine storm overwhelming the body.

So Accepting your faulty implied assumptions -Does a cytokine storm equals a straw from some nice meadow grass?
Now would you be annoyed if your Doctor blamed your every affliction on smoking or late nights - or your sedentary coding life - or not getting enough fruit & vege .
Jarod has a much greater chance of diabetes, inflammation and heart attacks - most folks survive heart attacks - it's cardiac arrests that kill .

Covid 19 deaths are probably under stated in many countries given less deaths overall due to influenza , road crashes , drowning etc .

As I said earlier it's not binary - them or us - that's why we live in an exciting time of extracting data from noise - multi-factor causal relationships .

I learn at an early age many car accidents are not caused by one sole reason - unfamiliar car, unknown road , sunblind, tired , distraction , no lights other car , silver/dark car , fog etc etc

Last edited:
Back