Journey is coming to PC on June 6

Humza

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Originally launched for the PlayStation 3, Journey garnered a lot of attention and praise for its charming visuals and relaxing gameplay before making its way to the PlayStation 4 in 2015. The game remained an exclusive for a couple of years until December 2018 when a PC version was announced with an unknown release date. We now know it's arriving next week, and you get a cookie for guessing that it's coming first to the Epic Games Store.

Indie games are often a well-needed escape from the usual barrage of triple A titles. One such game is the multi-award-winning Journey that'll soon be playable for PC gamers. Publisher Annapurna Interactive and developer Thatgamecompany have announced the official date for the title's PC version that will let players experience the game's beautiful visuals in crisp 4K.

For those who haven't played the game, your objective is to travel across a mysterious world exploring desert and snow terrain, interacting with ancient ruins and gliding with a magical scarf to make your way up mountain tops. Although the gameplay is simple, there are friendly and hostile creatures along the way, and the transition between different landscapes and the accompanying soundtrack, a Grammy nominee, nonetheless, make for an almost meditative experience.

The multiplayer component of the game is just as non-intrusive, with players coming across each other with a little sound they can make for interaction. Players wearing white robes have more experience traversing the lands and it's usually a good idea to follow their lead if you get lost during the adventure.

Journey is available for pre-purchase on the Epic Games Store with its original price of $14.99 discounted to $4.99 courtesy of the Mega Sale that'll last until June 13. The game's availability on other PC platforms like Steam or GOG remains unknown.

Permalink to story.

FINALLY! I heard the soundtrack like a hundred times and I can't wait to finally play it.
Oh, Epic store ... :-/ ... 5$ ... meeh, gonna buy it on Epic and then again on the proper platform when it gets released on those.

FINALLY! I heard the soundtrack like a hundred times and I can't wait to finally play it.
Oh, Epic store ... :-/ ... 5$ ... meeh, gonna buy it on Epic and then again on the proper platform when it gets released on those.
why, why buy it twice on pc?

So this is what we can expect from the Epic store? Four year old Playstation 3 games?
I just finished Observation over the weekend which was great. I've also been waiting for Journey to come to PC so I already pre-ordered it.

I already have Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net and Twitch installed, what's another icon to click?

I'm guessing this was never coming to PC until Epic asked for it.

Say what you want about Epic but they are making good things happen.

why, why buy it twice on pc?
Why not?
https://ibb.co/hDK0N2n
More money to a good developer is always a good idea in my book.
this is exactly why devs and publishers have no qualms in snatching every penny from gamers, theres no point in buying a game twice because of a launcher, youre just throwing money away.

I'm guessing this was never coming to PC until Epic asked for it.

Say what you want about Epic but they are making good things happen.
Neah, the company behind the port also worked on many other titles, including Flower at the beginning of this year (now on Steam, GOG and Epic). The Journey port was just a matter of time and Epic just bought another third party exclusive as per usual.

It's such a shame, Journey is a game I would have bought at launch at it's full price (not that it cost much anyway). Epic is freaking cancer.

I just finished Observation over the weekend which was great. I've also been waiting for Journey to come to PC so I already pre-ordered it.

I already have Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battle.net and Twitch installed, what's another icon to click?
I don't really care about installing a new icon (although it does annoy me to no end). I will use gog's new galaxy client if it is good.

It's the act of buying third party exclusives that should not be encouraged with our wallet. It can only lead to the massive fragmentation of the market and lack of actual healthy competition.

If stores don't compete with the same products then they also don't have to compete with features and pricing. It will start an arms races on who can buy more exclusivity deals instead of investing in development.

TL;DR cancer for consumers.

my proof? the evolution of the streaming market (netflix, hbo, hulu, youtube, disney, amazon, etc etc).

Back