1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

JPR: GPU shipments up sequentially in Q3, Intel strengthens its lead

By Jos ยท 4 replies
Nov 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Jon Peddie Research has released its latest report on the graphics market, announcing that Q3 2013 was the second quarter in a row to show a gain in shipments, up 1.6% quarter-to-quarter. Although sales growth is always good news, JPR...

Read more

2. Oh, did not know Intel is making GPUs, ups I understand ... included in their CPUs .. well I own one with integrated graphics .. but I also have a dedicated GPU, in practice the integrated one is disabled because I just can't use both. If where possible I was willing to pay for a CPU without integrated GPU, sad Intel did not offer the option. Wasted resources .. & money !

3. amstech

amstech IT Overlord Posts: 1,689   +855

Quite impressive for AMD, although market share & most affordable usually go hand in hand. IGP/APU numbers are also diluting real GPU sales and market share numbers, I would love to see Steam's survey of GPU's and what the majority of their customers are using.
    AMD throws their APU's on everything.

4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,690   +95

On the contrary, I would be willing to pay for a Integrated GPU (on CPU die) as long as, I can have a switchable solution, I.e. when I am not doing anything intensive one could use Integrated GPU, and for graphic intensive tasks switch to addon graphics card. Saves power, and one would have a lot cooler PC.