JS/Downloader.Agent problems and aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolox

hello everybody ^_^ i am new this forum and had to join this forum to ask you few questions

JS/Downloader.Agent ---> i've got this virus from watching a gametrailer from gametrailers.com --> very popular reliable website

after re-installing my windows XP and formatting my hard drive, i visited gametrailers.com again to watch differen game trailers.. but again, i've got same virus that was reported by my free AVG program..

so this is my 2nd time re-installing my windows xp (and not visiting gametrailers.com)... from previous thread made by others, i tried removing java cache and installed hijackthis program....

but im not sure if my computer is all clean and safe... can one of your expert take a look at this and tell me if my computer is clean and safe?? and what's the possible solution to accessing gametrailers.com without getting anymore virus???

i have a feeling that this virus is related to my previous experiences with trojan (about a month ago i've got some nasty trojan viruses - more than 2) and those viruses installed themselves via xp and ms-dos (or it looked like it).... is it possible that somehow my hard drive is ingrained into virus progam???

sorry for long post and thanks for all your help!!

Your HJT log is clean.

The bottom line is this.

If you know for a fact that just visiting a certain website infects your system, then don't go there. It really is that simple.

There is no way around this.

website

but what if that website is very popular website?

for exmaple, cnn website? , or gamespot . com ---> one of the biggest game review website???

right now i don't get any more virus downloader... but i just couldn't understand how reliable and popular website let you download virus...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back