Keep BSODing with different codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I built my sis a new pc for xmas. Its an opty 144 on a ECS KN1 SLI motherboard with 1.5GB Crucial DDR, brand new power supply, just a budget one since shes not gaming or anything major and my old X1900GT. Running WinXP Prof on an old 120GB seagate I had. The motherboard has never been used before, the opty is brand new. The RAM is from various old systems and the X1900GT was in my sigrig till I got my HD4850.

Now the problem is, It keeps restarting randomly, seems to do it more so when installing things. I doubt its a power issue since a) its a brand new supply and b) its a BSOD restart giving the error codes: 0x1000000a and 0x100000d1 (so far anyway) which are to do with something accessing a memory location that its not supposed to.

Im currently running Memtest86+ to check the RAM and im going to run spinrite on the HD afterwards to make sure its not dying. (Its got 11,382 uptime according to S.M.A.R.T. values)

Any ideas what the problem might be? I was thinking it might be something to do with the nvidia chipset drivers, since ive heard there are lots of problems with these in general.

Ive also tried:

Different PSU
Different gfx card
sfc /scannow
an upgrade reinstall
Memtest86+ with 6 passes ok
Spinright disc recovery

Kept having a BSOD with i8042prt.sys which I googled and found to be to do with ps/2 drivers so i switched to a usb mouse. Some people also said that there was an issue with usb 2.0 on this board and to set it back to 1.1 only in BIOS. So I've just done that.

Main error codes are :
0x0000000A
0x000000D1
0x000000C5

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back