Keeps freezing then screaming, plus poss related data Execution Prev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Not sure if this is the place to post this but my computer has a serious problem!

It started off with Data Execution Prevention messages every time any folder with thumnails or slideshow view on is opened. This would then cause explorer to close and reload.

Now the computer will start fine but after a while will always freeze even when nothing has been done on it. At first thought it was a mem problem as it does this faster if any mp3 player is open or photoshop, but as i tested to see if it would happen if just left, I am not so sure. Once frozen can still move the mouse around if if clicked on to many things including the start bar the computer lets out a continuing beep and with the keyboard. Is frustrating as the only way to shut i down is to hold the power button, but this has to be done to stop the agonizing sound.

Have followed some threads on similar problems but to no avail. have run AVG, windows defender, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, TuneUP all of which found different things and repaired! Now only have AVG running.

The computer is not that old and although has had alot of use, I do not understand what is going wrong. Was thinking about wiping it clean and starting fresh, but it is shared and has alot of stuff on it that would have no ware to be backed up, plus might be part of the problem?

?

Thank you for any help that can be given

Have you ran through the 8-step process provided by Techspot? https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Also, get Hijack this and run it.

Link: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/317-hijackthis.html

Follow Hijack steps:

* Only do this step after completing the previous steps
* Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
* Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe. Please don't change the directory.
* After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
* After the scan is complete please attach your logs onto the forums

Post the logs here for a Techspot Guru to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back