Kernel Power 41 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsugardaddy1

I keep getting a Kernel Power Critical error 41 at random times.

I am running a i5 750 with a MSI P55-CD53 mobo. 8gbs of Corsiar XMS DDR3. Nvidia GTX 260 with a Earthwatts 700.

Here are my minidumps.

Your first error is 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
The Windows kernel detected an illegal or unknown processor instruction. A Stop 0x1E condition can be caused by invalid memory and access violations similar to those that generate Stop 0xA errors.

0xA errors are caused by either hardware or drivers attempting to address a higher IRQ Level than they should and thus resulting in system crashes.

Unfortunantly the minidump cited the probable cause as a Windows OS driver and usually they are too general to be of much help.

Your second error is 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

This minidump cited the probable cause as memory corruption. However, I gather from the information you supplied that you weren't getting BSODs prior to upgrading to Windows 7.

If you can access your BIOS please check what the motherboard has set your memory's voltage to and compare it to Corsair's design specs for your XMS. Is there a descrepency? Often what is recorded as memory corruption is actually a voltage issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back