Kill me now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristy_m

We got a laptop from a now defunked company. I need to replace the OS with out the start up disk. Can this be done? I have never done a box w/o org start disks. HELP!

Does the original title say it all???

Anyway, why do you need to change the OS? What are your issues? Make? Model? Just how old is it?

I bought this from a company going OFB and they didn't take anything off. Wants to start to there no nonexsisting newtwork.

I bought this from a company going OFB and they didn't take anything off. Wants to start to there no nonexsisting newtwork.

I am not sure what this means.

Have you tried uninstalling the items you don't want/need? Are you having difficulty removing certain things?

Just so you know I received an old company laptop over a year ago with all kinds of user accounts and software I didn't need. I still have the origininal OS but I cleaned out a number of things and it works fine.

So if I have an OS I can just reinstall. I have never done it w/o actuall start up disks.

If all you want to do is clean up the current OS that is now on the harddrive all you need to do is delete what you don't want. Just make sure you have someone with you that can help you avoid removing critical components.

If the above is true, you don't need to reinstall the OS.

I also suggest that you do the following:

1. Harddrive diagnostics. Find out the make of the harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and download and use their free HD diagnostic utility.

2. Run ChkDsk.

3. Run a virus/malware scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back