Klipsch to showcase noise-cancelling headphones with 30 hours of battery life at CES

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: Renowned loudspeaker maker Klipsch on Thursday announced intentions to showcase nearly half a dozen new smart and active noise cancelling headphones at CES including the Over Ear Active Noise Cancelling headphones.

Despite the uninspiring name, Klipsch’s new over-ear cans are appealing. These Bluetooth 5 active noise cancelling headphones are bolstered with “ultra-plush” memory foam earpads and sport a lightweight design for lengthy listening sessions.

Speaking of, Klipsch said you can expect up to 30 hours of battery life on a single charge. Some manufacturers have a bad habit of exaggerating battery life claims by including stored power from included charging cases in their stats but that doesn’t appear to be the case here.

Klipsch’s latest are compatible with SBC, aptX HD and AAC and should work with the digital assistant of your choice out of the box.

Over-ear headphones like these are personally right up my alley. In practice, it’s proven difficult to find in-ear buds that fit properly without discomfort. On-ear cans are completely out of the question for me as the constant pressure against the cartilage of my outer ear is a deal breaker. Over-hear headsets like these eliminate all of those issues and are generally more immersive.

Klipsch said the Over Ear Active Noise Cancelling headphones will be available in the fall of 2020 (that’s a long wait) priced at $399.

Permalink to story.

Obviously will have to wait until they are released to judge comfort and sound quality... but $400 is awfully steep when the already pretty awesome Sony 1000XM3 sell for $250 (and will probably be even cheaper by then). Even the top-end Bose sell for like $350... A few hours extra battery life doesn't seem to be worth an extra $100+...

Klipsch is a fantastic brand, the problem is they’re always out of my budget!

Something about Klipsch: they know how to produce the most efficient speakers in the industry. This is the real reason these headphones have 30 hours of battery life. My dad has a set of La Scala speakers for his living room featuring 15" woofers that he’s had for over 30 years and they work fantastic. These babies literally only need 2 watts to run and at 25W they shake the entire house. To put that into perspective, 2W would slowly charge a cell phone and 25W would slowly charge a laptop. If you think this is a typo, do the research.

Back