Kohl's will process your Amazon returns for free beginning in July

Polycount

Staff

Amazon is easily one of the most convenient places to shop. With services like Prime (which offers free one or two-day shipping) and Prime Now, which grants users same-day shipping, Amazon gives shoppers more ways to easily grab their favorite groceries, tech gadgets, and other products than almost any other website.

Thanks to Amazon's helpful review system, shoppers are also more informed than they've been in the past. Unfortunately, that system isn't perfect. Many unsavory individuals have taken to setting up fake 5-star reviews to make their products look better than they really are.

If you've been tricked by one of these fakes in the past, you may have chosen to take advantage of Amazon's return system.

Typically, this system requires you to pack up your defective or otherwise unwanted item and visit your local UPS office to send it back. Soon, the process could be a bit simpler, though. Kohl's has announced that all of its stores "Nationwide" will begin to accept Amazon returns, hassle-free, sometime in July.

You won't need a box or label to initiate the return. As long as the item is eligible for a refund or replacement (you can check its eligibility on Amazon itself), you can stop by your local Kohl's and drop it off; presumably at the customer service desk.

Kohl's also claims that, much like Amazon's normal return policy, items can be sent back for virtually any reason at no cost. If you don't have the time or inclination to box your item up for shipping properly, Kohl's will handle that for you as well.

Permalink to story.

It's an interesting and great concept, but what's the catch? Maybe they are hoping you'll stick around and do some shopping or is the returned money directed to a Kohle's Credit Card? Better watch that one carefully ....

It's an interesting and great concept, but what's the catch? Maybe they are hoping you'll stick around and do some shopping or is the returned money directed to a Kohle's Credit Card? Better watch that one carefully ....

The whole point of this is getting you into their store. Not really a hidden motive... As far as refund method, it is refunded the way you paid. I used it once!

The whole point of this is getting you into their store. Not really a hidden motive... As far as refund method, it is refunded the way you paid. I used it once!

So there are already some Kohl's locations that are part of this program?

So there are already some Kohl's locations that are part of this program?

Yes, the press release says they currently are accepting returns 100 locations in LA, Chicago and Milwaukee. I don't know much about their program, the local Kohls popped up as a return location so I used it.

I returned an item to Amazon recently and going to a UPS location with the unpackaged item was one of the options.

Back