Lack of sound after PC turned off, disappearing HDD

Motherboard: MSI B150M Mortar
GPU: Radeon R7 370
CPU: Intel Pentium G4400
RAM: 16GB

Hello,

So my PC has been giving me a headache lately despite being built not so long ago.
The primary issue: no sound comes through the speakers/headphones.
It occurred after I turned my PC off and later on again.

Things I have already done:
  • tested headphones with other devices; they work.
  • checked for any windows updates; last one was weeks ago.
  • I reinstalled the audio drivers
  • Run tests for malware; none found
I have an SSD and an HDD. The HDD was installed only recently as extra storage. It keeps disappearing randomly and usually reappears after restarting. However, after I added the HDD, sometimes after I try to start the computer, it just gets stuck on the "start/welcome" screen and disconnects the keyboard and mouse (the LED lights disappear when disconnected).
I don't know if it's related to the sound, but I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

" The HDD was installed only recently as extra storage. It keeps disappearing randomly and usually reappears after restarting." I believe this, rather than sound, is the issue. A flaky HDD can cause all sorts of trouble.

Right off the top, I would uninstall the HDD and test the system for stability. Do several restarts and be sure all is right and proper.

If after your tests it seems solid and stable, I would try re-installing the HDD after downloading the HDD diagnostic from the maker's website. The likely issue is a loose connector or a flaky power connection or an internal problem in the new HDD. Run the diagnostic to be sure.

Only after you have a stable system with properly operating storage should you try to resolve the sound issue. Use headphones on front panel connection / restart.. Then try back of case sound connection with speakers / restart. This troubleshooting tree may be useful...https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c01884922

" The HDD was installed only recently as extra storage. It keeps disappearing randomly and usually reappears after restarting." I believe this, rather than sound, is the issue. A flaky HDD can cause all sorts of trouble.

Right off the top, I would uninstall the HDD and test the system for stability. Do several restarts and be sure all is right and proper.

If after your tests it seems solid and stable, I would try re-installing the HDD after downloading the HDD diagnostic from the maker's website. The likely issue is a loose connector or a flaky power connection or an internal problem in the new HDD. Run the diagnostic to be sure.

Only after you have a stable system with properly operating storage should you try to resolve the sound issue. Use headphones on front panel connection / restart.. Then try back of case sound connection with speakers / restart. This troubleshooting tree may be useful...https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c01884922

Thank you very much for the advice on the HDD. It took some time but it's fine now. I reinstalled my audio drivers after and everything was fine. However, today, a few days after the re-installment, I decided to rejoin a voice chat I had spoken to just earlier, but my mic was no picking anything up except static and high pitched beeps. I reinstalled the driver again to no avail. Completely giving up, I left went to watch a few videos. Turning back to the issue, suddenly, the mic was functioning again.

My mic is vital in my studies, so I'd appreciate help in finding cause for this inconvenience.

Back