Lag in all games I play (even tho I shouldn't)

DoodleDood

So its been like this for like a year now (I've had the laptop for like 2 years) and no matter what game I play I always end up with low fps, like I can even play games like terraria or csgo on lowest quality and still wont get 60 fps and my computers temp is like 89-92 on all cores + package so what can I do to stop this? http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/servicetag/1R7SYY1/diagnoseis the laptop I have which have good enough components to play all of the games I lag in. So wondering if someone might know the cause to my lag, even when I restart my laptop and have like 70C temperature I still lag and I have an extra fan blowing on it from the behind. Thanks.

And the last time I cleaned the dust monsters out of the laptop was....never?

Laptops suck up dust, some of it never leaves. Temps of 90 on CPU might mean thermal throttling - and reduced performance. Depends on machine.

Search YouTube for your laptop model and the key word "clean". Pay special attention to what is hidden under the shrouds.

Let us know how it goes.

I cleaned it out and now the temps are at about 60-70c while playing and watching a video at the same time, the fps has been improved massively but I still lag in games like: H1z1, Ark survival evolved, and Assassins creed black flag. But I can now play wow at 60 fps while watching a twitch stream on my other montiro thx for suggestion. Do you think that it being so hot may have permanently damaged something which makes these games still lag? I know they require good specs but I should atleast have 60 fps while playing h1z1 right?

I can't make out the specific components for your system (link to dell fails), but my guess is 'no harm'. However, there are tweaks which can help... fresh thermal paste on CPU/GPU (see Youtube for vid)... defrag if HDD, TRIM if SSD...if you have enough memory, disable pagefile.sys...and, of course, confirm you have all updates installed (Windows, drivers, programs, etc).

I can't make out the specific components for your system (link to dell fails), but my guess is 'no harm'. However, there are tweaks which can help... fresh thermal paste on CPU/GPU (see Youtube for vid)... defrag if HDD, TRIM if SSD...if you have enough memory, disable pagefile.sys...and, of course, confirm you have all updates installed (Windows, drivers, programs, etc).
Where can I figure out if I have all the latest drivers for my stuff? And will thermal paste increase perfromance or just cool it down? Because its cool now but still loud

Drivers ===> mostly Dell plus anything you added
Thermal paste might lower temps and that would reduce need for fan which would make it less noisy
There may be a replacement fan which is less noisy
Further cleaning (like under the fan shroud and the vent grates) might help too

Go to YouTube and search on your system to see what others have done.

I got the latest drivers for nvidia and I scanned and downloaded drivers on dell website but still no performance change

I have a new problem that I think started happening like 2 days ago when I downloaded the newest nivida drivers 372.54 and the problem is that I have 60 fps when I play like rocket league and world of warcraft but it still lags? It feels and looks like I dont have 60fps but it still says its at 60 fps. You have any solution to this?

There are LOTS of solutions. Google "optimize computer" and follow advice from dozens of experts.

Seriously, download 2 or 4 benchmarks and run them so you can in a practical manner compare performance tweaks. Make a record of your results so you can really compare. Now you can try several different drivers and see which works best.

In the meantime, continue 'maintaining' your equipment - regular cleaning - defragging - old program removal - garbage collection, etc. Remember to defrag after updating drivers - a driver in 128 pieces is not going to outperform an older one which was in 2 pieces.

Memory - buy lots more memory - locate page file in RAMdisk - https://www.softperfect.com/products/ramdisk/ - http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-services/software/ramdisk.

Or brazen it out and have no page file at all.

Back