LAN speed

Hi everyone, how are you all. its nice once again to take this place as my problem shooter.
I have a Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn WI-FI Adapter(72.0 Mbps) with a Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller as shown in the image ;my network drivers.png

whenever I want to transfer files between two computers , I always experience a low lan speed of (4Mbps). and incase am using internet to download or upload, it goes superfast and at a higher speed.
Am triggered by how this is , I need help understanding how this works and how to increase the LAN speed (if possibe to maximum unexpected speed).
thanks a lot for checking in,
MY REGARDS

How are you connecting? It looks like you are not using ethernet and are connected to WiFi only. If both PCs share a wireless link then the slow speed can be explained by the half duplex nature of wireless. If you want file transfers to go faster perhaps switch to ethernet link as this should run at near wire line speed.

How are you connecting? It looks like you are not using ethernet and are connected to WiFi only. If both PCs share a wireless link then the slow speed can be explained by the half duplex nature of wireless. If you want file transfers to go faster perhaps switch to ethernet link as this should run at near wire line speed.
Recently I got advise from a blog (that I don't remember ) of turning off the Large Send offload ( both ip4 & ivp6) off and the speed & Duplex was radioed to Auto Negotiation and the other options as shown ;network option speed and duplex.png

, but it made it even worse than before. Is there a chance of increasing the transfer speed.
thanks again

Last edited:
It shows on the first picture that you are not connected via ethernet. Is this true? It may be as simple as double checking your connections.

Back