Laptop battery replacement

davbell22602

I need a new battery or charger for toshiba laptop A105-S2101. The battery is a PA3451U-1BRS and its a DC 14.4v 2000mah.

Well first off the battery wont hold or take a charge. Everytime I unplug it from the wall the laptop goes off too. The lights do come on the laptop showing that its charging.

2nd thing is does voltage matter on battery replacement? I cant find 14.4 replacement thats cheap. All ones I find 10.? volt with 4000-4400mah on ebay.

You need to use the same battery, and the same charger voltages. High capacity batteries usually have a higher mah figure, but I would replace them like for like.

Batteries are never cheap, and they do wear out - some faster than others, but eventually they all die and stop holding charge.

So I have to stay with 14.4 battery if use the charger I have now or can I get a 10v battery and charger kit and use it instead?

No, I'm saying you'd be best to stay with the same part numbers and spec's as you have now. It will very likely not even power up with 10v, never mind run.

Ok, I have to stick with the 14.4 volts and part numbers. What about the mah? Mine is 2000 and all the ones I looked at are higher.

As long as the part numbers match you should be OK. I would still recommend you get them exactly the same though, in case the amp hour rating is too high.

Back