Laptop going black

bigwat

Hey my laptop is now going black if any slight hits, then it restarts.
can anyone help me?
It's a t41 laptop....

yep that's it, it's a good laptop and it's modified so it's better, but it takes around...30 secs minimun
and when it restarts it say system recovered from a serious error...thanks

When this issue occurs, do all of the LED lights and the back-light on your screen go off for a little while? In other words, does it seem as though all power has been instantaneously cut from the laptop or does the screen simply go black while still glowing?

Does your HDD ever make any peculiar noises, such as a clicking sound? I'm guessing it does not, but I do think the root cause of your issue is something physically wrong (loose perhaps) with your HDD. Go ahead and make sure it is securely in place and cannot wiggle. Hopefully, the internal workings of the HDD are not to blame.

To rule out another possibility, you might make certain the RAM sticks are properly secured.

The back light goes but the indicator lights (caps, wifi, battery lights) not necessarily those are on, and i dont know how to pul up th laptop myself.

Do you have a 2.5" HDD enclosure to connect your laptop HDD to a USB port?

If so, then you could boot up your HDD via USB, then lightly tap the enclosure a few times. If the computer restarts, then you know your current HDD itself is to blame.

i have i external HD but i think if i pull a few screws and cables i can convert it, but i don't know how to take out the computer's HDD,
I alos have a external 2.5" dvd enclosure. So if you know plz inform
Thanks.

When you tap your laptop it inexplicably restarts. It could be difficult to determine what is the issue since the laptop shell and all of the components are basically screwed in as one piece. Thus, removing your HDD and connecting it to your PC via a USB cable would allow you to jostle only the HDD and not every other component in your PC.

If you don't have an external HDD enclosure, then that's OK. You still might be able to take the cover off of your HDD and lightly tap it to see if the system restarts.

Back