Laptop is totally bombed, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper22x

Hey, thanks for the people that helped me last time, but now i have a new task for you to tackle. Well, my laptop got seriously infected somehow. i cant run anti-viruses or anything. it locks me out of task manager, probably a .bat some where that autoexects the command when i delete the registry key. Ive tried everything and just cant get it. so please help me. i run SuperAntiSpyware like so many times and it finds the same things, deleted them, but they just keep showing up, i could post all the logs and you would see the same files there and i dont understand why =/. So i would be thankful for the people that will take the time and help me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Specs:
Genuine Intel[R] CPU
T2400 @ 1.83 Ghz
1.83 Ghz, 1.50 GB of RAM
Physical Address Extention
(I'm not sure if its a duel-core, its dxdiag it shows that it is)

Dxdiag:
T2400 @ 1.83Ghz (2 CPU's) <- thats throwing me off if its duel or not.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heres a screen shot of DxDiag, and system specs.
specs.png

Thanks in advance.

Here's the first word of advice
Always use Ethernet not USB

If you have to, go purchase an Ethernet Hub, that is required to allow more than one computer connected to the Internet (via Ethernet ofcourse)

Here's the point.... Ethernet does not require any "extra" drivers

What do you think? Come back tomorrow?

Yeah, i have a Ethernet and a hub, with 2 cables coming out, but only one computer will get internet idk why. and ive tried diffrent laptops, all the same problem. it goes from a modem to a hub, and one into my PC and the other is just for my 360 or a diff computer, but now it wont work for a dff computer.

ive tried multiple cables, diffrent ports on the hub. i took the working one out and tried that nothing. BUT all the laptops were levenos, one T40, T60, T61. that could be an issue. i did need drivers for my desktop...

I'll be back a bit later (I'm in and out today a bit ! No I don't get paid :( )

Anyway step away (have a coffee) and a little think

Too bad i dont drink coffee. Im 14. =) well, should i end it all then restart my modem application? or try and figure out a different way. if wost comes to worst my dads work will just re-ghost it.

In EndItAll you can right click on the program you don't want ended, and then protect it.
14 incredible

I was going to elaborate

Well because
You sounded older (except for the acromyns)
Your words are quite reasonable (above the level of a bratty kid)
When I was 14, I was screaming around having fun, (not using my brain ! :) )

Sooo, go jump on your bike and have fun
Look it at it this way:
1 to 5 (not much happening, just laughing and crying)
6 to 12 (The best years of having fun)
13 to 18 (Oh, all the new adventures and exploring)

19 to 100 (um about 80 years !!) mostly going to work and stressing, some family life and holidays (but very low percentage)

ie Go have fun

Well im more of a computer person, and im trying to get in a habit instead of trying "u" i type "you" because ive done reports and typed "U" and i didnt even notice it. Plus all the kids that live near me are jerks. Also, im alot more mature then them. So yeah, i just like my computer. I forget what acronyms are ha. Isn't it like "Word : Word"
IE: "Hot : Cold" something around those lines...?
Anyway you must be glad that i don't use words like "rofl, idc, idk, omg, zomg," ect. I use "lol" but thats not that bad.

Can we get back to my laptop!?

Well, read above, how I have stated to stop everything except for required running processes, then continue over to the multi-step removal guide.

There is another option
Remove the HardDrive and mount it in another working computer (as a slave, or using external USB adaptor) And scan it from there (actually that's probably what I'd do.)

Well, if i end like the 5 svchost.exe it does a command shutdown -s -t 60 -c "You need to restart your computer because the dcom server was shut down" or something like that, but i just do start -> run -> shutdown -a
screw it im just gana let my dads work ghost it

Well you took out a required Windows file, not what I was suggesting for you to do
Although, yes the shutdown abort command has saved me many times too :)

Soooo, you are re-imaging?
Probably for the best. I agree
Then once all setup, with all new MS updates, just create a new image (ie up to date one) after that
Note: do not put Antivirus software (installed in Windows) in any new image, because once you re-install, the Antivirus software (program, itself) may be out of date (or expired, ie one year subscription, usually)

I like Ghost images :)

It was my dads works computer, i just used it for the summer =] and im a pretty destructive kid when it comes to computers hah. So when i return it they are just gana ghost it any way. They have nortans enterprise edition or something like that, so they just have a installer that doesn't require a key/serial. so thats what they use, but i use kaspersky

ok

But I don't want to talk about someone elses (ie your Dads) software, that may or may not be licenced for personal home usage. Lets not go there !!
(It would be a shame to close the thread!)

Anyway, yes restore your Windows and all, ideally make a new restore image once all updated again

And that's that :)

There happy? My dad's not using it for home though, its the works laptop but the work allows him to carry it around everywhere. So technically hes not violating anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back