Laptop monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Firstly, sorry for the double post. Did not see this laptop subforum before originally posting; but thought that those who frequent this one might be able better able to assist.

Just this morning, upon booting my laptop, a strange problem occurred which I've never seen before. The monitor of my Toshiba laptop barely functions. There is the faintest glow of monitor life (I can make out some of the shade distinctions) but otherwise it appears extremely dark, like there's a power problem. I'm using a desktop monitor while this problem continues, but kinda need mobility at some point soon.

Any tips or suggestions? I wouldn't even know where to begin with this sort of thing, or what specs to post that could help any of you help me.

Thanks.

The LCD displays backlight or inverter has gone bad. You can verify this by connecting an external monitor to the laptop and see if it displays normally. If the inverter or backlight is bad, the laptop can be repaired by an experienced tech. There is nothing you can do by yourself

Thanks.

Another forum had a discussion about Toshiba laptops and faulty hibernation sensors, which can inaccurately set the monitor for hibernation-like status and make it look like there is a backlight issue. I put my computer into hibernate and then restarted it, and the problem went away. For now, anyway!

Ahh yes,
I had forgotten about the hibernation or top cover closed sensor. Yours may be on it's way out, causing you to take the laptop in for service. Hopefully they won't charge you for a new motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back