Laptop not working

Hello there

i have an Acer aspire 5520G laptop

5 months ago it stopped working, when i used to try to switch it on it used to repeatedly turn on and off without any beeps or the monitor turning on, i then took it to the agent and they told me it was the motherboard but i didnt fix it.

now 2 days ago i tried to turn it on again and it turned on normally.

now today i was working with and i turned it off, 4 hrs later tried to turn it on and it started to turn on and off again.

I decided to open it and checked that everything was in order. I tried turning it on again and it worked but gave me a blue screen of death with a code, as i tried to restart it, it began to turn on and off.. it did this 2 times....

Now i am thinking that it could be that there is something loose in it or else that the power supply of the laptop is damaged any ideas??

I have tried turning it off with no battery, i also tried with battery only , i also tried removing the battery and plug and press the power button for 30 seconds ( known to reset bios) but nothing worked.

Thanks for your time

def seems like a power/power connection problem. if the computer is still covered under warranty i would get on that, otherwise you're probably looking at some repairs. when you say "agent" does that mean the place where you bought it or some other computer shop? i would call Acer support and tell them what is going on. they may be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

I one I am sending back to ASUS while it's still under warranty. Cost to send it back not bad still for them to fix it going to take 1 month.

def seems like a power/power connection problem. if the computer is still covered under warranty i would get on that, otherwise you're probably looking at some repairs. when you say "agent" does that mean the place where you bought it or some other computer shop? i would call Acer support and tell them what is going on. they may be able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

hmmm thanks for the quick reply :) :D i was thinking the same but i wasn't sure.

The agents are the authorized acer distributer and repair of acer in malta.

I had sent my laptop 6 months after buying to repairs because my dvd drive and graphic card fried up. they fixed only the graphic card by giving me a new one and then told me tht in order to fix the dvd i needed to buy a new motherboard, meaning the graphic card was bought for nothing so i had decided to leave it without a dvd drive and bought an external one.

then 5 months later this happened :(

p.s. when i opened the laptop i found out that some screws where missing, also one screw on the cpu heat-sink was totally damaged, a screw from the graphic card was also missing. i guess the agents where not that good...

to find the problem and fix it they took about a month.......... ( graphic card and dvd)

Back