Laptop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I would like to say hello to everyone and glad to be part of this forum.

Now as for this laptop. I got for a present but its a really old one I looked on the website and they dont even sell it anymore. Its from Dell(D600) really old I think. Its not connected to any internet right now but it has the 2wire thing? Its like installed I just wanted to see what that is. It says "2wire wireless client card utility" but it says device not connected? What would this do and whats not connected? Someone please help.....

Thanx
Theareest3

So what wireless network are you trying to connect to? Do you have one set up? regardless of what the laptop is telling you, you may be able to use a usb or PCMCIA network adapter

ok i think i found it. is it kind of like wi fii? if I were to buy this would i be able to connect to the internet?? " 2Wire DSL Gateway Model 2701HG-B" Im just asking because I connected my ethernet from my xbox and like one bar came up but it said it was limited or something but i still couldnt get on the internet..??.... I dont know.. Someone please help..

Wi fi? How would i find out if my laptop had it and where would i look to connect it??... My laptop is the Dell Latitude D600... its kind of old and i cannot find any research ... If i were to buy a wireless router would that help me??

Most older laptops did not come with a wireless adapter. It was an optional device. I can imagine that an additional PCMCIA or USB network adapter would work much better for you than any existing internal network device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back