Laptop speakers no longer work

i am having a new dell inspiron N5110 which i bought about a 6 months ago. Its a core i5, 6Gb ram, 640 Gb hard disk, srs premium, etc.
all of a sudden my speakers are no longer producing any sound and its not mutted.
can anyone help me revive this p.c with any decision.
Thanks a lot

If it has a dial or slider for the volume other than the mute or volume within windows check and make sure that's turned up. If not than my next guess since you get sound through headphones is a physical problem with the laptop speakers.

At 6 months it should still be under warranty? Check with Dell?

I agree with Marcus, if headphones work the drivers are ok, so perhaps a disconnected wire or broken speaker coil?

try this to make sure the speakers are working, plug them into to you phone, radio, mp3 players something and see if they produce sound...that way we can narrow it down

@oscar1987
how do i do that?
This is the internal speakers i am talking of. the head phone jack is working perfectly as well as the microphone jack. only the internal speakers that are not working. The left went off about a month ago then just about a week ago, the right also followed. Dont know any dell office where i am that is why i am praying i get a personal solution. so if anyone knows any body who can be of help, let me know

ohh sorry, my mistake. i thought these where external speaker.

ok this is what i would try
go to control panel/sound and audio devices/
check the volume tab, you should see device volume and speaker settings check volumes, then click the audio tab and check sound playback volume and make sure speakers are selected.

Back