Laptop - TV HDMI connection problem

Hi guys!
When I connect my laptop to a TV receiver using HDMI cable, the sound does not switch to TV but is still being played on laptop. To be hoest I don't have a clue why. It happens on all TV receivers and the same problem does not occur when connecting any other laptop.
The laptop is ASUSE ASPIRE 5820TG
The sound card: Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH
I have just reinstalled Realtek HD Audio driver ver. R2.73 (64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_R273)
The TV is LG LCD - RZ-32LZ50 I believe.
Hope you could help me.
Thanks

Try doing this:
1) Go to the bottom right hand portion of the taskbar and right click on the sound icon.
2) Select "Playback Devices".
3) Right click on "HDMI Output".
4) Select "Enable".
5) Enjoy.

Just remember to enable your PC speakers again after you are done.

I hope this helps.

-JC

Well, the thing is I don't have no HDMI Output. My only options can be seen on the print screen attached (unfortunately it's in Polish :)). The speakers are default. The Realtek Digital Output is ready to use but when I switch to it there's no sound whatsoever.

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.png
    Bez tytułu.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 2
If you have no HDMI output, the only way you are going to get sound to your TV is through a separate sound output cable. As it stands now, you have only video output to the TV. Your existing video output does not carry sound, just video.

If you have no HDMI output, the only way you are going to get sound to your TV is through a separate sound output cable. As it stands now, you have only video output to the TV. Your existing video output does not carry sound, just video.
Yeah it seems like he may be using a VGA connection to the TV, not HDMI. Unfortunately though Pawel, HDMI is the only output that can transmit both sound and video (DP might be able to, not sure though). VGA cannot transmit sound and only video.

The process I reported above allows the installation of the HDMI sound driver on the first use. Thereafter, it's a non-issue and it all works as we would expect - - plug-n-go.

Looking at the sequence documented, it is just like uninstalling a driver and letting the boot process discover the correct driver :)

@mailpup, JC713: I do have an HDMI physical output on my laptop. I just didn't have that option in the Playback Devices list. As it turned out here was something wrong with Catalyst drivers on my laptop. What's curious it was impossible to download AMD Catalyst Mobility because there is a supposed incompatible hardware or software already installed on my laptop. I've downloaded the Catalyst drivers package from Asuse web page and was able to install it. This way the second sound card appeared in my device manager, as well as a third option in Playback Devices and now finally I can switch the sound to TV. My problems didn't end here though. Now I get multiple errors when I open any multimedia, sometimes even after system start. Mostly it's "C:\\Windows\system32\aticfx32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."
@jobeard: Than you for your suggestion, I will look into it when I'm back home.

Back